Skip to content
What Songs Are you ...

Notifications
Clear all

What Songs Are you Working on for Your Valentine?

29 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

OK, I'm working on a couple of real simple versions of songs to serenade my wife with tomorrow:

Love Is All Around (Troggs) –

D, Em, G, A7 on the verses;
G, Em, G, D, G, Em, A on the chorus,
done bass-strum style.

Love Song (The Cure) –

Am, G, F(easy 3 note version), E;
F, G, Am, C on the chorus
done all downstrokes lightly brushed.

The first on I knew pretty well from my lesson book, the second I was able to get a pretty decent version down in under an hour. All I need is one more I can learn in a short time to complete the hat trick(pardon the Canadianism)!

(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Recorded Wild Horses for my Sweetie

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

This may sound very inhuman but i do not believe in valentine day etc and i find all the guys and girls simply wasting their time and money over it.

Ok to go with the love songs...

1.Nothing's gonna change my love for you - Glenn Medeiros

2.Annie's Song - John Denver

And many many others.

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

This may sound very inhuman but i do not believe in valentine day etc and i find all the guys and girls simply wasting their time and money over it.

Ok to go with the love songs...

1.Nothing's gonna change my love for you - Glenn Medeiros

2.Annie's Song - John Denver

And many many others.

Happy V-day to all you lovers !,

Rahul

You may not believe in it but I can attest to the fact that whether you do or not IT does Exist, and for many of us who have someone special in our lives it is nice to have a special day to acknowledge and reafirm your feelings for that person.

You of all people, with your love of John Denver's Rank sentimentality I would have assumed to be one of Valentines day's biggest fans.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member

its a an older song but i feel that it stays true over time, its called "i kissed my sweetie with my fist" and i just think its a great song

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

No worries, Rahul. My wife and I don't celebrate it, either. We both agree that it's much more important showing each other every day, not just a special day out of the year.

Plus, it's saves us some cash on flowers, cards, etc, although we do enjoy those little Reces hearts. Any holiday is reason enough for the Reces peanut butter candies :D

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

No worries, Rahul. My wife and I don't celebrate it, either. We both agree that it's much more important showing each other every day, not just a special day out of the year.

Plus, it's saves us some cash on flowers, cards, etc, although we do enjoy those little Reces hearts. Any holiday is reason enough for the Reces peanut butter candies :D

Barne , you have exactly brought out what i wanted to express.Sometimes i am not able to put exactly what i mean.I hope you would excuse my lack of good english. :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

OK, I'm working on a couple of real simple versions of songs to serenade my wife with tomorrow:

Love Is All Around (Troggs) –

D, Em, G, A7 on the verses;
G, Em, G, D, G, Em, A on the chorus,
done bass-strum style.

Love Song (The Cure) –

Am, G, F(easy 3 note version), E;
F, G, Am, C on the chorus
done all downstrokes lightly brushed.

The first on I knew pretty well from my lesson book, the second I was able to get a pretty decent version down in under an hour. All I need is one more I can learn in a short time to complete the hat trick(pardon the Canadianism)!

Love Song by the Cure, is without a doubt, one of the greatest love songs ever.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Also i have been wondering that why is it that only guys have to strum the guitars and sing for their wives/girlfriends...

Why not the other way round :shock: ??

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

^I don't have a girlfriend simply because I can not find one to play guitar and sing songs to me...it's a hard life.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Off He Goes:

Q: What do you call a guitarist without a girlfriend?

A: Homeless!!

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Thats pretty good Dave, I'll have to remember that. Hope it's not a time honoured truth, otherwise things aren't looking good for me.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Amen to that. Reces ruuuuuule.

If I treated my gf's with as much care as I do my guitar, mabey I would still have one *sigh* :cry:

I hate Valentines day...Call me the grinch that stole Valentines...and Reces...

BTW, I once heard a guy play The Unchained Melody on an electric guitar and I almost cried. It was just so awesome. Learn that one for your significant other (make sure to put alot of emotion/spirit/soul into it) and they WILL enjoy!

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

...And for you jaded out there.

Puddle of Mudd "She %@$@^ Hates Me"

Nazareth "Love Hurts"

Cycle Sluts From Hell "I Wish You Were A Beer"

.....er....ah....dang should have thought of some more.

:twisted:

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

haha, I'm not working on any songs for my valentine, because I have to work harder on finding a valentine.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2