Clear all

What tunes are you learning right now?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm doing Help The Poor by Robben Ford. I've got reliable TAB/standard notation and a nice backing track, but I'm gonna try learning it all by ear, then check against the TAB and figure why I've deviated from it (if I have done, and I probably will, lol). On acoustic, I'm trying to learn a Gordon Giltrap style piece using harmonics a lot. I'm using the TAB/standard notation for that one though, as the new technique will be sufficiently testing without having to suss it all by ear, too.

Hopefully, I'll get both pieces down, and my recording gear working fully within one month from now. I'll post links to me plying them then.

Lol, I'm posting this because I know my own tendency to faff about and/or substitute things to practise before fully mastering them. Hopefully this 'deadline' will make me get my backside in gear over it.

Anyone else who wants to join me (doing whatever tunes) go right ahead. Your posts will help keep this thread in sight whenever I log on, so I'll keep plugging away at my tunes. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe