What's a '56 Gibson ES-225T Worth?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@bb-bill)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone know what a 1956 Gibson 225T with two P90s in near mint
condition is worth? The guitar plays and sounds great.

Thanks.

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

alot

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@arcmage)
Trusted Member

Does it look like this one?
I found a few in great shape going for $1100 - $1500. Seems cheap for such a nice guitar if you ask me.

ReplyQuote
(@palehorse)
Eminent Member

Does anyone know what a 1956 Gibson 225T with two P90s in near mint
condition is worth? The guitar plays and sounds great.

Thanks.

There is one on ebay right now:
http://search.ebay.com/Gibson-225T_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsotrZ2QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsosortorderZ1

----------------------------------------------
Life is a snowmobile racing across the frozen tundra that suddenly flips over pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come...

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Just because a guitar is old, does not make it worth a lot of money! There are many other factors involved to make a guitar valuable. Guitars must meet several other criterias to be worth money. One of the most important aspects is originality. Any modifications, replaced parts or repairs, no matter how practical, will decrease the value of a vintage guitar. For a vintage guitar to be valuable there must be: Demand for the model. Originality unmodified, no repairs. Condition.

Usually I value things based on what they are worth to me, not someone else. Most times that equates to market value, but sometimes it's higher and sometimes it's lower, depending on the vintage guitar or if someone famous owned or played it.This will give you some idea if a particular model is desireable by collectors. I use an A,B,C,D, grading system, where "A" is the most desireable and "D" the least.

Also if "Joe Vintage Guitar Dealer" is asking $1000 for the same item as you have, that doesn't necessarily mean it will actually sell for that amount. And if you want $1000 too, a collector probably won't be interested. Because it's a lot easier for them to buy things from knowledgeable dealers than from individuals, if the price is nearly the same. There's much less hassle and risk involved buying from a dealer.

A few thoughts

Joe

ReplyQuote