Notifications
Clear all

Where is David Hodge ?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@virgo65)
Topic starter  

Where is David ? We don't see here David very much in the last months. It is just David who can do song lessons in this site ? I'm not angry ! It just a question ! Peace ! :wink:

(@davidhodge)

Hi there!

I am where I always am - teaching and writing. Things have been very busy - in late April, I got a contract from Alpha Books to write a new book for them, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Rock Guitar, and the mid-August deadline for that project (combined with my private students and community college courses) has been my number one priority. My apologies for that.

I'm just wrapping up the little bits of that book now, and also working on recording the CD that will be accompanying the book.

There is more on the good news / kind of good news front: I do have a new book project. Or at least I am hoping to have it all ironed out before the first of September. There will, as always, be details posted in both the "News" section of the Guitar Noise Forum pages as well as in the Guitar Noise News, our free (and spam free) twice monthly newsletter.

And even though there is a new project in the works, the deadline for it (should I get it) it a lot more sane than the ones I've been working with currently, so I should be able to carve out time for Guitar Noise. In fact, there is a new song lesson just about done and I'm hoping that I manage to get some free time this weekend to record the MP3s for it. I get that done and it will be online next week.

By the bye, I'm certainly not the only one who can do song lessons on this site. We've got quite a few from Doug Sparling and Peter Simms and others. I'm just the one who people seem worried enough to ask about when I seem to drop off the face of the earth. :wink:

I'm glad you're not angry (and, truth be told, it never would have occurred to me that anyone would be). You, and anyone else, should always feel free to email or PM me directly, as well.

Hope this helps. I look forward to seeing you on the boards and to being around a bit more often than I've been of late.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@virgo65)
Topic starter  

I hope will you an acoustic guitar method book (beginner and intermediate to advanced)with:

-step by step method
-classic notation
-tab notation
-music theory
-etc....

Ciao !

Alain from Canada :wink:

ReplyQuote