Clear all

Where to sell

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@welshman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Because of a variety of reasons I have decided to downsize by home and that sadly means that I need to cull some of the instruments I now play rarely. Among them is a pretty new 'beginner' set up Les Paul that I have reluctantly agreed to sell along with a 'beginner' mandolin as long as wifey agrees to me using the money to buy myself a better quality octave mandolin!

My question is a simple. Given I live in the UK (Staffordshire) where would you suggest is a good place to sell it? I looked at Ebay but that was a joke and I don't think my local music shop sells secondhand kit.

Any ideas?

D

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Hi Welshman! Why don't you try posting it in the "Swap Meet" here on GN?

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Why did you think ebay was a joke?

You might see if craigslist has a location near you; there are several listed for the UK:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

When I checked out the price of some of the guitars the prices being paid were ridiculous. For example, one guitar was sold for £5!!! A comparable price for my kit would be £30 - 50 and there is no way I am selling at that price as I paid almost 10 times for it.

D

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

ReplyQuote
 Noff
(@noff)
Estimable Member

You can set a hidden minimum bid, and if no one bids that high by the time the auction ends, you keep the item and are only out the cost of setting up the auction.

ReplyQuote