Clear all

Where to shop!!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Once again I am planning a trip to the USA on business.

This time I am looking for a LH American Strat so would like to find a shop that has a selection.

I would like to be tempted by other LH guitars also, so the bigger the selection the better...

I saw a LH American Strat in London in March which was lovely to play, but the price was 840 GBP - I know I can get one in the US for $950 or so.

Any suggestions? There is a large shop on the internet based somewhere in Texas and another in Las Vegas - I would have to take a flight to those places as my likely venues are San Diego, Richmond and Chicago at the moment. No problem to travel if I can spend the day trying out new or 2nd hand guitars. Will be the highlight of my trip. :D :D :D

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

If Richmond is Richmond, VA then you have several places to visit.

Sam Ash and Guitar Center on Broad Street. (big box chains)
Guitar Works on Cary Street in Carytown (Nice selection of acoustics, Fender amps and electrics, in store brand is pretty nice for the price, a few choice used axes, willing to dicker on price)
Candyland Music on Cary Street - just off the VCU campus (ecccentric, eclectic - lord only knows what you're likely to find)
Richmond Music Center on Midlothian Turnpike (Nice selection of Gibson, Fender and PRS, also some nice botique amps. These guys love to haggle price! They've actually underpriced the big box stores a few times.)

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I'm not familiar with the laws of the Phillipines, how will your taxes/duties affect your purchase?

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was stopped by customs the last time I bought in the US. The official asked me what I was carrying and I said guitars and added I had just been to a jazz club in New York - which was true - to see Les Paul - I didn't say I had played there though that is no doubt what he inferred. I didn't pay any tax at all

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Moonrider, thanks for the info. Next time I am up to Richmond I will stop in for a look. 90mi south of you in Newport News

John M

ReplyQuote