Notifications
Clear all

Who Uses Slow Down Software to Learn Riffs

27 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@bluesjamguy)

I used a few of them including amazing slow downer which is awesome but I found this a few weeks ago > http://www.riffstation.com . It has a very good slow down tool which keeps the pitch and it shows the bpm too. You can also change the pitch of the track if it's out of tune or just transpose the whole thing up and down an octave in semitone steps if you wanna learn the song in a different key. And you can use the slow down and pitch change at the same time. But the reason I started using it is because it has LOADS of other tools for guitar practice. It has a beat sync loop tool to get perfect practice loops automatically. It also has this chord viewer tool which starts by automatically recognizing the chords in the song and then lets you edit the ones it got wrong. And...the chords are all synced to the music...and if you transpose the music, it transposes the chords for you too. It also has this cool guitar isolation tool which is great for solos...and a bunch of other jam track builder stuff too...you should seriously check it out dude.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

hey BluesJamGuy what's your cut?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@bluesjamguy)

hey BluesJamGuy what's your cut?

I wish dude!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well then my alpologies most people that come here that have never posted and try and promote something are just spammers or have a stake in it and that's what your post sounded like.

Haven't seen many posts since then.

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Amazing Slow Downer does all those things just mentioned........It's Amazing!!!!
I've used it a lot for changing key.
You can cut small pieces of a track out...awesome tool.....

ReplyQuote
(@spartygw)

Another Amazing Slow Downer purchaser/user. Great piece of software, albeit with a cheesy name. Really has helped me.

ReplyQuote
(@globetro)
Estimable Member

If you are on a Mac, I've always like Capo ( http://supermegaultragroovy.com/products/Capo/ ). Seems a bit pricey at $50, but the UI is quite nice (especially compared to the other slow-down software out there).

On PC, I liked Transcribe the best ( http://www.seventhstring.com/ ). UI isn't as nice as Capo, but it's pretty intuitive.

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Okay...Olde Farté wants to know...'splain this slow down software to me other than the bleedin' obvious that it slows things down. Does the pitch change? It is the original stuff or someone's re-do? :?:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Cat it slows down any music you want to listen to and doesn't change the pitch.

ReplyQuote
(@houdini)

Audacity is good and the price is right.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I just got riffstation! Cost me £33, which is okay - I was really going in for the tune up a song so you dont have to tune your guitar element and the slow down the song so its easier to learn element...... the other tool which tries to calculate the chords is very cool too. Its not 100% accurate and it wont give you the exact voicings but if your stuck on a chord in general and don't know which one it is (presuming its worked it out right) it is very helpful. You can actually also change the chord if its got it wrong, I think I'm going to use this software in my teaching for one song a student of mine is learning and he can then see the chords rolling along as the song plays :) With all of these learning tools though you have to already be adept with your ears to pick out certain things and say "no, thats not quite right" so to me the tools will be sort of helpful to a beginner but if they cant hear whats going on anyway they will still be stuck doing the wrong thing. Thankfully I've always been able to pick out what note is being played, not that I was amazing at it when I started but I could do it a bit and I kept getting better, testing out with my guitar and continuing to listen till it made sense. There is also a riff builder for jam tracks, I havent figured this out yet at all.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

I've been playing around with BPMinus for a couple of days, learned of it in a thread by the developer on another forum I frequent. It's still in beta, and Windows-only, but it's free and seems to work pretty well.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2