Skip to content
Who would you like ...

Notifications
Clear all

Who would you like to see at the next G3?

19 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Who would you like to see up there with Vai, and Satrani?

I think Marty Friedman would be an interesting one! His exotic style would be really cool in the jam

(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Great topic for a post. I'm going to cop-out and give two answers, but here they are:

Not so out there response: I would love to see Petrucci again...he is just, hands down, one of the most exciting players out there, IMHO

Little more interesting response: How about Carlos Santana...his style is, obviously, way differnent then Satch and Vai, but I think the creativity and energy his guitar playing alwyas brings would fit in perfectly...*shrug* just a thought :smile:

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Not so out there response: I would love to see Petrucci again...he is just, hands down, one of the most exciting players out there, IMHO

I couldn't agree more. Petrucci's solo album is in heavy rotation for me currently.

For a different sort of feel, maybe a young blues guy, like Kenny Wayne Shepherd? I know he's not at the guitar "god" status, but he could hold his own, for sure.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member

buckethead

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I think Paul Gilbert is enevitabley going to be a future G3 guest. But you dont really see enough enough Marty thats why I chose him. I agree, Santana would also b pretty cool.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I couldn't agree more. Petrucci's solo album is in heavy rotation for me currently.

For a different sort of feel, maybe a young blues guy, like Kenny Wayne Shepherd? I know he's not at the guitar "god" status, but he could hold his own, for sure.
KWS has already done it, I believe. I could see Santana, perhaps. But I think Steve Morse, Sonny Landreth, or Brad Paisley would be great choices. Buckethead too, perhaps.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I would go with Tommy Emmanuel. With all due respect, but I doubt I'd survive *three* dudes all shredding their guitar to bits. So add someone who plays something radically different and force Vai and Satriani to take a bit more risk with their performance.

Ah well, I'll be pleased enough as long as they keep Malmsteen out. :D

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

Id go with Joe Bonamassa. He has an amzing blues style, and is definately one of the most experimental blues guys out there.

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@crandles)
Trusted Member

buckethead
i second that

dave martone or terry syrek would be good aswell
joe stump instead of yngwie would be sweet

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

paul gilbert would be great in g3 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member

I think Eric Clapton would be cool (average response)...

Also, I think it would be cool if John Mayer was there, with his new blues stuff.

-Alex

ReplyQuote
(@fizz6207)

I think John5 would be great. For those who havent heard of him, well Vai credits him as one of the most innovative new players out there, so its probably even a possibility!

He is sure different enough too, with his combinations of shred and country :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@richilo)

I'd like to see Vinnie Moore if possible, and Eric Johnson also excellent.

Hope you are happy in heaven forever, my dear friend.

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Derek Trucks? :D

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member

I would love to see John 5 in g3, Fizz 6207 have u pickes up his new sol cd Songs for Sanity its great, for those of you who dont know about John 5 he played for manson and now he is playing with rob zombie on the educated horses tour, the funny thing is that he has studied western swing and is real big intothe country bluegrass hting and he gets these weird crazy tones with a telecaster

just my 2cents

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2