Skip to content
Why dont most class...

Notifications
Clear all

Why dont most classical songs have real names...

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Bach's Bouree! Thats a cool one (and short) which a lot of players do. Its pretty much a must learn.
Mozart's 25th Symphony
Paganini's 5th Caprice and his 24th Caprice. - tough ones
Izaac Albeniz's Asturias - wish i could play that :?

None of those are easy - theres always Classical Gas which is a little less tricky with the fingerings.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Yes!! Thanks Noteboat, thats what i like to see :D

PS "ROMANZA" Reminds me of oceans eleven...maybe that is the song, ill go check later.

Romanza (romanze/romance depending on what country the composer was in) is meant to be a sentimental piece. Although you'd think from the title that it's a love song, it's a lot broader category.

One big one I overlooked in my list is etude, which is French for 'study'. Etudes are pieces that work a specific technical difficulty, like ascending chromatic scales in thirds. Although etudes are meant to be teaching pieces for a technique, the most demanding of them are in the concert repertoire on any instrument.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

Wow... the origional score for Fur Elise.... I am in the presence of the divine. hehe.

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Yes!! Thanks Noteboat, thats what i like to see :D

Very informative and it actualy helps alot,

Much appreciated

PS "ROMANZA" Reminds me of oceans eleven...maybe that is the song, ill go check later.

I thought that was Clair de Lune - the fountains scene at the end

A:-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@danada)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I thought that was Clair de Lune - the fountains scene at the end
Ya I actualy ment oceans 12 near the end when they go to meat whata his face but I think your probably right, Romanza just reminded me of that. :D

"We're officially on welfare. Come on, kids. Help me scatter garbage on the front lawn."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2