Wishlist

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Good
(@good)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have a slight feeling that this may have been done before, but as I'm not a regular visitor to the boards and for the life of me I can't pick out anything in the search facility I've decided to make up my own thread.

So, down to it. Which songs have you always wished to be able to play? When I first started, it was Stairway to Heaven, just as it seemed like the most difficult and recognizable tune I know. I finally learned to play the intro, and well, I'm pretty satisfied with that. In another couple of years maybe I'll bother with the whole song. Who knows?

These days after maybe a year or so of playing, at the top of my wishlist lies Neil Young's Ambulance Blues. How does he do that? I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like the pick patterns changing all the time although someone has tabbed it out here - http://www.all-good-tabs.com/guitar-tabs-bands-young_neil-ambulance_blues-23183.html as being quite the opposite. I'm not convinced.

Being unable to find an accurate tab for this has encouraged me more in ear training, and sometimes I wonder if it wasn't for the internet, would I be a guitarist. It usually doesn't take me long to remember that without the internet I probably wouldn't play at all.

I'm blabbering now.

What songs have you longed to play? Has it driven you to endless nights of listening over and over again and still not getting it right? Do you even bother about accuracy, aslong as you're playing the same chords, you can make up your own pattern right?

My wishlist (please don't gloat if you can play these already) :

Neil Young - Ambulance Blues
Comets on Fire - The Unicorn (Not a well known band, doubt I'll ever find anything on them)
Paul McCartney - Vanilla Sky (another I'm not happy with the internet tab, or maybe it's the way I interpret the tab, whatever)
Jeff Bucklet - Hallelujah (I've yet to give this one the effort it requires as I'm sure the tabs accurate)

We're like The Beatles, except there's four of us.