Wow, Look what I got for Christmas!

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Just being a jerk. :D

I got one thing and one thing only this Christmas, and I had to buy it for myself. I bought a new bridge for my Les Paul Studio.

Gibson Nashville Tune O Matic

I bought my LP used about 8 months ago from a fellow musician. It was in pretty good condition, except for the saddles. I don't know if the previous owner took a file to it or what, but each saddle had several string grooves in it. Perhaps he was experimenting with different amounts of string seperation? Anyway, I have been very happy with this guitar, it has become #1. But it has one problem, it breaks strings a lot. So, finally I ordered this replacement, just came in the mail about an hour ago.

As I said, just being a goof here. Sometimes it's fun to joke around a little. But I am truly happy to have this bridge with the new saddles, hopefully this will fix the string breaking problem I've had with this guitar.

I got the Chrome model. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I hope it solves your problem and you get many years of enjoyment out of it. :lol: :twisted:

Actually you should since it is a super bridge and holds well, easy to adjust and solid.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Nils,

I was just joking a bit. Trying to compete with Nick when he posts one of his new $3000 guitars.

But nobody ever posts guitar parts. :D

Next time I buy strings I'm posting again!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Thanks Nils,

I was just joking a bit. Trying to compete with Nick when he posts one of his new $3000 guitars.

Next time I buy strings I'm posting again!
I hear ya and I knew that but you did deserve a response 8) . I was gonna post the IntelliTouch PT-2 Tuner my daughter bought me for Christmas but I chickened out :lol:

I still owe a review on the amp I got for Christmas (almost done) and didn't want to have to do one on the tuner :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Just curious, Wes....no whammy bar on this one?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vic

No, no whammy bar. You know in my current band I play rhythm about 95% of the time. I get to play solos on about 3 songs.

This was part of what really wanted me to get an LP again. I owned one many years ago and loved the tone. I had to sell it to pay some bills and regretted it for many years. So, I have been wanting another for years. But they are expensive. :shock:

Also, this band is more hard or heavy Rock than bands in the past. I really needed that LP into a Marshall tone. Believe it or not, I can get the Marshall tone out of my HRD pretty well with a multi-fx and EQ. But a Strat sounds like a Strat.

So, when a buddy offered me his LP at a good price I jumped at it. I also like the LP because it is a very good rhythm guitar. They stay in tune well with the stop-bar tailpiece. And they get more of a Rock tone than the Bluesy tone of my Strat or Tele.

But I still bring my Strat as a backup and have used it on the few songs I solo on. It is easier to play up high on a Strat. And I have the whammy and use it. :D

Nils

Let's see that new tuner! Heh, tuners are good. Tell us how well it works.

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Yes some reviews are in order. I got lucky this year, my grandmother paid for my premobile usb, my uncle paid for a DD-3 Boss digital delay and my father paid for some cables including a Godlyke power-all for my pedals :) All working well. It's such a relief to have s single power chord for the pedals. Once things get quiet around here again, I'll do some recording.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Hope you have lots of fun with it Wes!

I posted an early Christmas gift for myself in the Amps and Effects forum. Only Primeta replied, Thanks Primeta!!! Not guitar parts, nor a $3000 guitar, but a cheap gift for me (ok gifts :roll: :lol: ).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I got some picks. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Can you nail down 'crazy train' on your new bridge ???:twisted: