Write / Create / Make you own Riffs? How interested are you?
Hi! My name is David and I was curious about asking you guys how interested would you guys be in a website that taught guitar lessons on how to write your own guitar riffs. I'm curious to know what you guys think about this.
Here are my questions:
01. Would you be interested in a guitar riff lessons website that taught you how to write/create your own riffs in the style of the artists that you like?
02. If Yes, on a scale of 1 to 10 how interested would you be on learning how to write/create your own riffs?
(1 is having little interest, 10 being really interested)
03. Website "A" Teaches you guitar playing technique, Website "B" Teaches you how to create your own riffs.
If you could only subscribe to one website, which one would you subscribe to? Website "A" or "B"
04. On a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you on Website "A" or Website "B"?
05. If you had to chose only one genre of music that you want to learn how to write riffs, which one would it be?
a. Classic Rock
d. Light Alternative Rock (for example: Coldplay and U2)
e. Heavy Alternative Rock (for example: Foo Fighters, Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park)
f. Indie Rock (for example: The Killers, Bloc Party, The Strokes)
06. On a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you in learning how to create your own guitar arrangements for Cover songs or your own original songs?
07. If you are interested in learning how to create your own guitar riffs, would be interested enough to pay $4.99 for a high quality HD Video 10 minute lesson or $30 for a 2 hour long Instructional DVD?
08. On a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you in learning rock music songwriting?
09. On a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you in learning how to get better guitar tone that suits your genre?
10. On a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you in learning how to record guitar from home?
11. Do you think theres enough people on the internet that are interested in learning how to make their own riffs to make this kind of website successful?
I know these are a lot of questions, you don't have to answer them all but I really appreciate you input and opinions! Thanks guys!
A little bit about me:
I live in Southern California. I'm 25 years old. I've played guitar for over 10 years and I am a producer, mixing engineer, songwriter, singer, guitarist, and recording artist. I love jamming, recording, and making riffs for fun!
So the reason I'm asking all these questions is because I'm planning on starting a website that teaches people how to write their own riffs. I have seen a whole bunch of guitar lessons and most of them only teach you technique but they don't teach you how to create and be original.
My musical genre of expertise is Modern Alternative Rock in all of its shades and forms from Light Radio Friendly to Modern Heavy Alt Rock. In my website, I'm planning to teach only the following rock sub-genres because I'm confident that I can write and teach well in these styles and also because I grew up listening to this type of music.
Here's a list of the rock sub-genres that I am confident teaching how to write guitar riffs:
Radio-friendly Alternative Rock: Maroon 5, Red Hot Chili Peppers, One Republic, U2
Light Alternative Rock: Coldplay,
Modern Pop-Punk Rock: Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41
Modern Alternative Rock: Foo Fighters, Paramore, Jimmy Eat World, Hoobastank, Incubus, Flyleaf, Kings of Leon, Muse, Lost Prophets, P.O.D., Switchfoot, Angels and Airwaves
Heavy Alternative Rock: Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine, Alter Bridge, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Evanescence, Chevelle, Creed
Christian Alternative Rock: Hillsong United, Jesus Culture, Bethel Music, Chris Tomlin
Indie Rock: Mutemath, The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes
Classic Rock: AC/DC, Led Zeppelin
Emo: Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Anberlin
Screamo: Underoath, Thrice, Saosin, Emery
Modern Metalcore: As I Lay Dying
Thank you guys for taking the time to read this post and letting me know your honest thoughts and opinions, it will help me a lot!