Clear all

Yet Another New Guitar Post

21 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@timezone)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've been playing just over a couple years now, and I've got an inexpensive but quite servicable acoustic, and two junky beater electrics. A couple weeks ago it was my birthday, and I hemmed and hawwed over it, but eventually decided it was time to buy myself an actual _nice_ electric. And this came in today:

:D

It's a Fender '69 Thinline Tele Reissue, natural colour. I think it's veery pretty. I've been playing it all evening, and decided that I very much like the maple neck, very smooth and nice feeling compared to my other two. It makes a nice chimey clean sound w/ the amp turned down, and an also very nice smooth overdrive when the amp is cranked. I'll try to get some sound clips up this weekend. Just thought I'd share. :)

TZ

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

8) Nice axe!

Have fun!.................. Like I have to say that! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very, very nice!! 8)

Enjoy! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Congratulations. That's pretty all right.... Nice clean looks - makes me want to reach into your photo and.... ouch! :shock: I think my hand just got smacked away... I only wanted to touch it... honest....

Have a good time together. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Nice guitar man, have fun.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@drunkrock)
Estimable Member

Lovely! I love a good tele.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Guy in the praise band where I used to go to church has a Tele just like that one. Sounds really sweet! Enjoy! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I LOVE the natural finish. I actually shed a tear when I scrolled down and saw that beauty. No lie, a tear!

Congrats and enjoy!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Beautiful guitar!!! I love Teles!

Have fun!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@brothaweed)
Trusted Member

Sweet!!! Is it wrong to feel slightly aroused when seeing such a beauty?

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Congrats! I have a similar one - Japan though. You will have lots of good times with this one!!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

That is one SWEET guitar. I look forward to hearing some sound clips.

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Congrats. Nice looking guitar. Cool pic as well.

Can I ask what the amp is?

Enjoy your new axe.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

heheh, love all the comments... Nothing wrong with shedding a tear, or feeling aroused, or trying to reach through your monitor! ;) I spent a fair amount of time at work last weekend, so this weekend I think it's time to hole up and play for a while. :)

@chuck - oh yeah, the amp. I don't think I've posted a pic of the amp here before, though most of my other gear has been posted at some time or another... the amp is a Weber 6M45P, it's pretty close to a Marshall JMP50 circuit. Weber offers lots of options on the head cabinet, and I picked the "tooled leather" covering (it's not really tooled leather of course, it's just tolex) which looks pretty classy I think. The speaker cab is an old piece of junk I picked up off of ebay. There's a sticker inside that says it was made in Dec 1969, and I think it used to be a keyboard amp, but the amp part is long gone, so now it's just a cab. Speakers are new Eminences, a Governer and a Private Jack. So now I have a guitar as nice as the amp, which totally outclasses my other guitars. (though it does make them sound good!)

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the info on the amp. It looks pretty cool. Definately an unusual finish on it.

Enjoy your weekend. :wink:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2