Clear all

You learn something new everyday

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

While answering another post I happened upon another site which told me something I had never heard before.

You can use the telephone to tune your guitar. The dial tone is a F note!

I just checked against my guitar and it's true. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I had always read that it was F, never bothered to try it though.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

haha cool :D

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

awesome-it really works!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

That gives a whole new meaning to dialing in your sound! :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Oric
(@oric)
Estimable Member

A fun thing to do at school, while in the band room is to check the pitch of the dismissal bell at the piano. (I think it's an F#...)

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

I left my guitar at this little Mom and Pop music store in my town one time so they could give it a setup. So the owner picks up my guitar and plays a few notes and then picks up the phone and listens for a second and hangs up and then tunes the A string. At first, I figured he was going nuts cause I didn't hear the phone ring. So I asked him if the dial tone is an "A" and he says, "No, it's an F. But I listen and then I hum to myself, 'F,G,A' and then I tune the A string." Man, that guys got good ears.

ReplyQuote
(@muddy)
Trusted Member

my tea kettle is a G .. but i never told anyone because they would laugh at my pitious existance.. but now i feel more justified in my idiocy..thx

LIVELY UP YOURSELVES!!

ReplyQuote