Clear all

you say tomatoes........

49 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Ballybiker and all,

Fortunately, I'm an expert in English pronunciation – as all Australians are – so I'll just step in here and clear up the confusion.

For start the letter C is not pronounced like a K here. It's an S sound (think nice, mice, except, etc – even etcetera itself…)

Secondly, the A is not prounced like either CAP or CAPE – it's (and this should be obvious…) pronounced as an O (think “wash”)

There's not much you can do with a P (apart from making sure you aim straight) unless you have a spare H, in which case it becomes an F, as in pheasant). So let's move on to the O.

The trick with the O is to forget about “open” or “cop” or even “owl” and go straight to that source of all that's delightful, mysterious and unpredictable – women. Notice the clear indication that the O is sounded like the I in INK.

So there you have it:

Capo is pronounced SOPI

So next time you want to transpose, just stick your “Soppy” on. Simple when you know how. :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hi Ballybiker and all,
So there you have it:
Capo is pronounced SOPI
So next time you want to transpose, just stick your “Soppy” on. Simple when you know how. :wink:

Sometimes my soppy gets all noodley.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Sometimes my soppy gets all noodley.

:mrgreen:

Not in public I hope. :shock:

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Not in public I hope. :shock:
Don't be silly.
But I think I need to get a harder soppy.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4