Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.5 K Views
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i have to add an ibanez, grx 40, i just picked it up today, yhis will be my last aquisition for a long time :cry: , the old lady isscreaming
that she wants a house 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Chicago has some houses, ...for sale, too, ...I bet.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

man, if i even mention us buying a house in the chicagoland area, i'll be in divorce court, i took her with me last year and she hated it,
she was scared, but she 's not comming this time :twisted:

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

When I got my tele thinline a few months ago, I thought it was quite pretty. But I always thought it would look _really_ sweet with a natural wood pickguard. Many hours of cutting, dremelling, sanding, staining, and polishing later...

:)

It was a ton of work, and could probably stand to be sanded / polished a little more, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

^^^Amazing job. Looks real pretty.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That does look really good TZ. Great job! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Looks nice, what did you use for wood and finish?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

Thanks guys. :) The wood is just cheap 1/8" birch plywood I found at the local craft store, and the finish is reranch alcohol-based dye (dark red mahogony), with deft sanding sealer and lacquer on top.

PS- huh. I just went to the reranch site and it's all screwed up. Every page asks you for authorization. They must be having a hard time making any sales... I had this dye hanging around from a previous project...

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Nice work TZ. That is stunning.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@gary58)
Trusted Member

Thought I would just like to tell anyone who's interested about my latest updates, not sure where my post is from last year or what was on it!

Gibson Les Paul Standard: Honeyburst, Burstbucker Pro's.
Gibson ES335 Dot Reissue: Cherry, '57 Humbuckers.
Gibson Blueshawk: Blue, "Blues (P90)90's".
Brian May Red Special: Red, SIGNED BY BRIAN MAY PERSONALLY!
Burns Hank Marvin "Greenburst": hand wound resomatic pups.
American Fender 60th Anniversary Strat: Sunburst '57 pups.

My original, and favorite, bought by my wife: Epiphone Strat copy, metalic red, matching headstock, bridge pup is humbucker, maple neck, don't know why I bothered with the ones above, I love this one so much!

Carlsbro 90 amp.
Korg processor.

Gary UK

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

When I got my tele thinline a few months ago, I thought it was quite pretty. But I always thought it would look _really_ sweet with a natural wood pickguard. Many hours of cutting, dremelling, sanding, staining, and polishing later...

Great job on the guitar. :D It's something I've often meant to do - refinish a guitar and replace some of the tackier plastic bits. So it's excellent to see somebody actually do it instead of just dreaming about it. :oops:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@wrkngclsshero)
Trusted Member

I got three today for show and tell.

This is my Lyon by Washburn. I don't know a model number, it came in a starter pack from Target. My first guitar, just wanted something cheap to bang around with. I still love this guitar and luckily since it was so cheap, I'll never have to worry about the whole "trade-in or keep" issue because it probably has absolutely no resale value!

This is my Epi LP Special II. Got this 9 months after the Lyon. Once again, wanted a cheapie and my buddy who is the most talented musician I've ever met started with this model and spoke highly of it. Once again I got my money's worth.

This is my Taylor 410CE. It's less than a week old. It was just too good a deal to pass up ($400 less than I have seen on MF.com). Also got a free strap thrown in. I'm too scared to play it though, I don't want to ruin it, so the Lyon remains the work horse.

Well thanks for indulging me. I have to say that I have found these boards a blast to visit. Thanks to ColoradoFenderBender for "INSISTING" I post the Taylor.

"A working class hero is something to be..." -J. Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

The Taylor is beautiful. All guitars are beautiful - even those that are beat up.

Play that Taylor. Beat it up. I'll bet it sounds better than it looks.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Well thanks for indulging me. I have to say that I have found these boards a blast to visit. Thanks to ColoradoFenderBender for "INSISTING" I post the Taylor.

You are welcome! 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 75