Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.7 K Views
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Nice guitars guys. :D

Have to admit as much as I love my Fenders, I love the Gibson/humbuckers tone more. :twisted:

Have fun.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

OK I'll try and post em here.. If not at least the links will be there.... I think

First off is the FENDER SISTERS.. (My Am Fatty Strat and the two '51's)

Then my Strat:

Then GOLDY:

Then the newest (Burst):

Then the Acoustic I never play with some detail of the binding and Rosette

And Finally my Les Paul (I love this guitar)

I work on getting a GROUP Shot here soon..

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Well, that gold 51 is outrageous looking. Is the controls plate gold, as well?

And the LP is a beaut!!

I have the same color Strat but with a Blue/Black Celluloid pickguard.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Well, that gold 51 is outrageous looking. Is the controls plate gold, as well?

And the LP is a beaut!!

I have the same color Strat but with a Blue/Black Celluloid pickguard.

Thanks Bish,

Yeah the Trees are Gold, Screws, Bridge, Knobs, with Pearl caps, are all gold.
Gold Lipstick and the those Dream 180 HB's. I got all those bits from GuitarFetish btw. :) My next step for Goldie is to get her some Gold Tuner Machines and I'm thinking of a Pearloid PG, then I think I'll be done with her.

And she plays nice too... :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Dagwood, that is a great collection. The LP and the Am Strat are simply awesome.

DROOL RATING - 9/10 :P.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Nice Firebird, Jim.

Just remember to keep hold of the receipt. :wink:

Congrats and enjoy.

Nice collection you got going there Dagwood. Group shot would be cool.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Guess I can post this since I figured out how to tune it and think I'll keep it.

I bought it used from my local guitar shop. Looks mint. Even the plastic coating hadn't been removed from the plastic pieces. :D

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

How many hours (or days) you took for tuning it ?

Kidding aside, awesome looking guit you have there. Now don't just sit here boy, I'd say listen boy, go play some metal.

ReplyQuote
(@shadowraptor)
Trusted Member

I'd like to try the neglected Fender acoustic!

Rob

Have a safe and pleasant day.

Rob
Canada

Yamaha FG-730S
Crafter GAE45/N
Beaver Creek BCR8501
Yamaha CG-? (91)
Yamaha CG-171SF
Framus Texan 5/296 12-String
Takamini EG-345C 12-String
Indiana IN-BM5 Mandolin
M-Audio Oxygen 49 Keyboard

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Rob, where are you at? PM me

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Bish,

That guitar has a Floyd rose on it? What do you think of the tuning process? I bought a jackson not really understanding the what I was getting into with the Floyd and I'm not sure I would do it again. I don't really ever use it and to me it's a major pain to tune.

Of course this was after I broke a couple strings trying to tune it. Once because I was stupid and didn't remember to untighten the screws at the nut and the second time because I was just stupid.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Bish,

That guitar has a Floyd rose on it? What do you think of the tuning process? I bought a jackson not really understanding the what I was getting into with the Floyd and I'm not sure I would do it again. I don't really ever use it and to me it's a major pain to tune.

Of course this was after I broke a couple strings trying to tune it. Once because I was stupid and didn't remember to untighten the screws at the nut and the second time because I was just stupid.

LMAO...I haven't done that yet but tuning was a nightmare. I played it for a long time the other night. Came back the next day and it was out. :shock: So I first went to the bridge tuners and that never came close. So I unbolted the nut locks.

Starting with the low E I got that in tune. Then went to the A and got that in tune. The D, no problem, tuned right up. The G, same deal, no problem. The only thing I'm noticing is that they are all taking longer to get to pitch. I look at the bridge and it looks like it's about to pop out of the guitar. :shock: Check the low E and it's about two steps low. Everything is way out of whack. Even worse than before. So I mess around with this for at least a half hour and it's no way going to be playable in this month. So I bagged it up and was prepared to take it back to the dealer and figure FR's are not for me. :x

After a couple days of thinking, "Someone tuned it before I played it. It's tunable. I just have to figure out what it is I'm missing." So I pull the back cover off and see how this thing is setup inside. So I tightened the two screws that hold the spring plate and just made the entire mechanism tighter. This severely sent the guitar into a sharp by whole steps condition so I flipped it over and backed out all the bridge tuners.

Then set out to try to tune it. That worked. Now the bridge is more stable and I can actually tune this guitar like any other. I just get each string within a half step of tuned and let the bridge tuners do the rest. Kind of a sloppy tune, tighten/lockdown and then micro tune.

Been 24 hours and this little man is still in tune. :)

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Bish, what made you decide to try a Floyd?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@colonel)
Eminent Member

Here's the beginnings of my collection.....
My "Mexican Sunrise" Squier 51, my ESP M-50 and the Marshall G-30R
IMG] [/IMG]

A close-up of the Squier.......

Close-up of the pickguard....
IMG] [/IMG]

Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation.

-- William Arthur Wood

ReplyQuote
(@colonel)
Eminent Member

Here's the beginnings of my collection.....
My "Mexican Sunrise" Squier 51, my ESP M-50 and the Marshall G-30R

A close-up of the Squier.......

Close-up of the pickguard....

Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation.

-- William Arthur Wood

ReplyQuote
Page 34 / 75