Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.8 K Views
(@davebf)
Trusted Member

I always buy the cheapest of whatever I need.... Walk into the music store, and ask for the cheapest piece of equipment they have

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I hope this is legal. I might even start something or get the boot here.

I have another form of GAS that is totally incurable. It caused me great pleasure tonight.

I am currently selling my Mapex drum set to replace my new found drumming "love of my life."

Cast your eyes on these baby's. I just put this system together tonight.

My first real kit IMHO. 8)

I haven't locked in on the perfect snare yet. In the mean time, I'm using my Mapex M Birch, which is part of the kit that's for sale. I have them dirt cheap. Someone is going to get a deal. If anyone knows of anyone interested in obtaining a very nice year old kit, let me know, please.

No boot here Bish! You got me gassing. I used to have an old set I banged on. i was starting to actually learn to play them too. I would love another one some day. That kit is premo!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@wrkngclsshero)
Trusted Member

As somebody who knows nothing about drums, that is one sharp looking set. Your neighbors must love you. :)

"A working class hero is something to be..." -J. Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks, TR!!
As somebody who knows nothing about drums, that is one sharp looking set. Your neighbors must love you. :)
Haaahhahahaha, Sadly, I'm the only one in my neighborhood with a consideration factor. I would love to get even with some of my neighbors after the Spring and Summer I've had to endure with "new" and "newer" neighbors who've recently moved in. Ah but that's a discussion for a drummers forum. :wink:

Actually these drums will become celebrities this weekend. For more information, head to Gigs and Jams. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Gosh I feel like it's Christmas at my house. Just wait until the bill arrives. :shock:

I got my snare drum today. This was as much a rush as bringing home my PRS. Maybe more. :D

I took a small vid of it today with the rest of the kit but I'm not sure it's worth posting. The picture quality was crappy and the sound doesn't even come close to what it sounds like. I'm debating whether or not to post it. :?

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

That's a lot of purty stuff to hammer on, there Bish. :lol:

Ii's a good thing you got memory locks on that rack system. It'd take forever to set up at a gig without 'em.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
 PJS
(@pjs)
Eminent Member

Hi! Here's a list of my guitar gear. I use my gear to play a mixture of progressive/psychedelic rock influenced mostly by Pink Floyd.

The sticks:
-Fender 60's RI Statocaster, white with rosewood fingerboard. MIM, 2000. fitted with dimarzio area 61' in the neck and are 57' in the bridge position.
-Fender Paisley Telecaster, blueflower paisley, MIJ 2000
-Landola JDD855 electric acoustic
-Maison classic acoustic
-Ibanez 12str acoustic
-MBT 8str Lap steel

The Amp:
Peavey Classic 30

The Pedals:
Voodoo lab - sparkle drive
Proco - Vintage rat
Electroharmonix - Big Muff Pi
Electroharmonic - Small Stone
Electroharmonix - Small Clone
Dunlop - Crybaby
Boss - DD3 Delay

The others:
- E-bow +

ReplyQuote
(@wrkngclsshero)
Trusted Member

That'll teach those pesky neighbors to be inconsiderate!! :twisted:

"A working class hero is something to be..." -J. Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@simonsez)
Eminent Member

Hello,

Just joined, i love the pics so far.

Here are my main beauties:

left- 81-84 Yamaha SG1500, Right- 88 Washburn HB-35

i also have (not pictured):

Ovation applause AE-35 12string
Fender squire bullet (jr :D )-first guitar, still damaged by the earthquake of 93'
Sovtek fuzz box (looks very old and has an amazing overdrive ala'goes to 11')
DOD classic tube
Korg PX-3 pandora
Peavy rage amp (in dire need of an upgrade :lol: [/img]

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Nice looking guitar collection, Simonsez.

Welcome to the GN Forums. :D

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@simonsez)
Eminent Member

Thanks! i just wish i could get more info on the SG. Appart from a vintage guitar magazine article and a japanese website i havent found much.

this forum is giving me what you call gas. :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@shadowraptor)
Trusted Member

Sweet!

Have a safe and pleasant day.

Rob
Canada

Yamaha FG-730S
Crafter GAE45/N
Beaver Creek BCR8501
Yamaha CG-? (91)
Yamaha CG-171SF
Framus Texan 5/296 12-String
Takamini EG-345C 12-String
Indiana IN-BM5 Mandolin
M-Audio Oxygen 49 Keyboard

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks! i just wish i could get more info on the SG. Appart from a vintage guitar magazine article and a japanese website i havent found much.

this forum is giving me what you call gas. :cry:

I know what you mean about the Yamaha. I have a 1968 150 that is a similar to your Washburn. Wish I could read Japanese. :D

And getting GAS around here is normal. Everyone has it. You'll fit right in. :wink:

Bish

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, it is completely normal. I don't know if you come here because you has GAS or if you has GAS because you are here. Anyway, yes, it is normal.

A friend had that SG and he always says he never will get a guitar like that. He only says good things about it. Unfortunately he had to sell it.

ReplyQuote
(@simonsez)
Eminent Member

Yeah i get gas quite often (wy wife isnt too happy) :oops:

I really am glad i got that SG in okinawa. I guess i liked the color and it reminded me of a gibby LP exept with double cutaway.

bish- yeah all the websites are in japanese. heres is one thats pretty cool; http://www.geocities.jp/kurove_sg/sg1500.html
thats the only place i have seen my color as well as the other 2. nice SG collection as well.

nuno- i dont know how i could get rid of it. apparently the SG's gave the LP's a run for their money.

anyone seen a yamaha Lord Player (circa 1970's) guitar? similar body style as the LP.

ReplyQuote
Page 40 / 75