1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.8 K Views
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very nice pictures! 8)

I always prefer the acoustics. Ibanez and GB are nice as well but that Takamine is really nice!

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

nice pics! keep em coming 8)

clau20- do you like the vox amp? im considering getting a new amp next year and i am considering a vox.

Hi Simon

Yeah I really like the Vox Amp! When I went to the music store, I wanted an electric guitar only and I tried my Ibanez on that amp and I was like: :D I want that amp too!

I got another Vox amp, but it got no effect and less power than the Valvetronix! It's not an amp for a professionnal but you can get 11 different sound cause it recreates the sound from other amp like Vox 52, Fender, Marshall, etc. I can play Stairway to heaven with a clean sound and switch to a heavier sound to play some Metallica song in 2 seconds! And you also have 11 effect (Reverb, Delay, Rotary reverb, Tremolo reverb Phaser, Auto-Wah, etc)

Check that picture:

You can also create your own sound and record them on the amp, so when you'll want to play on that sound, you just have to click 1 button

It cost me about 190$ for this, but the real price was 235$ CAN. So yes, it's a great amp! :P

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Very nice looking Ibanez, Clau! I looked very closely at an SZ720FM when I was buying a couple months ago, it was very sweet to play and sounded great. And yours looks way cooler. :)

I check on the net for picture of your guitar and those are beautiful guitar too! Don't know if yours has a one piece neck? I have a one piece neck and I just really enjoy playing on this! This guitar is so "easy to play"
Very nice pictures! 8)

I always prefer the acoustics. Ibanez and GB are nice as well but that Takamine is really nice!

Yeah, I really like Takamine! When I bought that Takamine, I didn't know too much about guitar... But I knew I wanted a Takamine :wink:

I thought it was my own

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Sweet guitars you have there. Record some and let us hear em'. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Sweet guitars you have there. Record some and let us hear em'. :wink:

Ok, I'll try to record something.. But you know, I'm a beginner, so, it may be ... not very good :wink:

I thought it was my own

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Very nice looking Ibanez, Clau! I looked very closely at an SZ720FM when I was buying a couple months ago, it was very sweet to play and sounded great. And yours looks way cooler. :)

I check on the net for picture of your guitar and those are beautiful guitar too! Don't know if yours has a one piece neck? I have a one piece neck and I just really enjoy playing on this! This guitar is so "easy to play"

Actually, that's not the one I ended up getting, but it was one of the finalists in my search for my first "main" guitar since I started playing again. The Ibanez was super easy to play and I thought it sounded really good, too. I ended up getting a PRS Santana SE, which I just adore. But I do have a wah pedal and something else (which I'm about to post) from Ibanez, both of which I'm quite happy with so far!

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Well, I've been planning to get a bass for a while now - even had my cart at Musician's Friend all loaded up (which I'm sure is just asking for trouble) - but I've been putting it off as long as I could. Well, that period ended last weekend, a couple of days after a song I wrote started really coming together well. I simply *had to* put some bass tracks down for it! With no spouse to argue what it really means to "have to" do something, I ordered the bass in short order... :)

Much of the order is still on the way, but fortunately, the bass (yesterday) and stand (today) were the first things to arrive; so here come the pics! (And they each link to full resolution versions.)

It's here!

My shiny new Ibanez GSR200.

Group shot of all my main gear.

This may even mean that I have something to post in Hear Here soon, but I'm not committing to any timeframes just yet. It's gonna be a nice Labor Day weekend! :D (True that I don't have a bass amp yet, but since I wanted it mainly for recording and I've got the UX2, I'm pretty much good to go.)

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice MacBook! ;)

And nice new bass too! :D

Then... when did you say you will post something in the Hear Here forum?

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Nice rig Voidious.

What software you running on the Mac to record your stuff?

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Nice rig Voidious.

What software you running on the Mac to record your stuff?

8)

So far, I'm just using GarageBand and GearBox, the software the Toneport UX2 came with for amp modeling and effects. I've used Acid Pro (30 day trial) on Windows, which is clearly a lot more feature rich than GB, but GB has been enough for me so far. The UX2 came with some "Line 6 edition" of Ableton Live, which I've been meaning to try out, but haven't just yet.

Already having a lot more fun with the bass than I'd expected to =) It's quite a different beast!

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Voidious,
Cool!
If you have an audio interface to run the bass into your laptop, GB has some pretty good bass model presets. 'Round Bass' is really nice.
Enjoy!
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

See previous page for most of this stuff, but I'll still post the complete list, with a new entry and new pictures.

Tacoma DM9 acoustic with K&K Pure Western Mini pickup
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Gibson Les Paul Studio (technically my brother's)
Vox DA5 Amplifier (soon to be my brother's because I just bought a...)

Fender Blues Junior Amplifier:

Both the Fenders (so happy together):

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

This isint with the basses. I have two crappy basses, one a silvertone and the other a regal. Deluxe no? But this is my guitar stuff:

^ My right knee

The list is as follows (Guitars from left to right):

--2007 Epiphone Valve Jr. Combo
--2006 Orange AD30 Head
--2006 Orange 2x12 Cab
---2007 Rouge Herringbone 12-string acoustic
---2002 Line 6 Variax digital modeling guitar
---???? Washburn something-or-other (its green)
---1989 Yamaha FG-410A acoustic
---2006 Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe
---1969 Univox Deluxe
---2006 Squier '51
----2007 Boss DD-6 Delay
----1981(?) Boss DD-2 Delay
----2005 EHX Clone Theory Chorus/Vibrato
----2006 Maxon SD-1 Distortion
----2007 Boss TU-1 Tuner
----2005 Ernie Ball 6616 Passive Mono Volume

I recently bought a good bit of this (most of the pedals and such) and plan on selling a lot of it before the end of the year. The Washburn I took from my school attempting to set it up for the band but nothing ever really happened after I set it up. They never took it back so its mine now I suppose. It needs re-setting up and my Univox needs a lot of work to make it giggable. I have some other gear but I really didnt feel like grabbing it. The rest is a PODxt, POD 2.0, BBE Sonic Maximizer, and a FBV shortboard foot controller as well as two Atomic Reactor 112 power amps. All of that I am selling on eBay.

Thats my story.

This is my drummers crap:

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Iz,

Nice gear love that Orange Amp

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@simonsez)
Eminent Member

i love that orange too :lol: nice univox, those japanese lawsuit copys are killer!

ReplyQuote
Page 42 / 75