Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.8 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sweet amp TZ! I'll have to head over to the Hear Here forum & give it a listen. Enjoy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

man, that's in great shape.congrats!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Very nice. And thanks for reviving the thread. I was wondering where it went yesterday.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice amp! It sounds great!

Congrats.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Some of these pics look like a guitar shop! Am I the only person with just one guitar? Guess I'm faithful, LOL.

I feel a song comin' on:
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/gene-watson-she-s-no-lady-lyrics.html
:lol: :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

@smokindog, I thought you'd like it, I seemed to remember you reminiscing about your old Princeton in one of the other threads. :) It has indeed become my favourite amp, it has absolutely gorgeous clean tones, especially with a touch of reverb. And it growls nicely when pushed, too!

@Lefty, it is in pretty good shape. When I got it, it was nearly all original, with the exception of (an improperly installed) 3-prong power cord, and the JBL speaker. It had a bunch of old (dead) tubes in it too, which is too bad because some of them were well-known good tubes (Mullard rectifier and Amperex Bugle Boy pre-amps), but the tubes were definitely dead dead dead. I corrected the 3-prong power cord installation, put new tubes in it, and new electrolytics (kept the old ones for safe-keeping), and now it is in pretty much tip-top shape. Good for another 40 years! :D

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Pete Townsend used a PR with a ric on sumertime blues. I had a ric also and nailed the tone 100% 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

In another gear thread I was requested to post my other drum sets that I'd acquired late last year so here they are....

While shopping for a "utility" kit on MF and my local GC, this kit was sitting on the floor at GC. They had just gotten it in and due to my curiosity they set it up, put new heads on it and we played it for hours. They gave me a huge discount since I'd been buying stuff from them like mad so it was too cheap to pass up.

This kit is by ddrum. They have been making electronic drums and electronic triggers for acoustic drums for many years. They've been making "lower end" acoustic drums now for a few years and each year they get more aggressive and improve their quality. What is special about this kit is the all maple shells and the die cast hoops. Maple has a marvelous tonal resonance with drum shells and the hoops retain the sustain. This is the kit I'm currenlty gigging with.

Close up of the flake/finish...

and from the drivers seat.

This next kit is as close to Professional as can be had without having to sell a home or trade in the vehicles. This kit is actually my pride and joy. I will never take this kit out to a smokey bar but may take it out for environmentally friendly shows.

This is a Mapex Saturn series. This particular kit was a 2007 special addition kit only made for that year. I found the last one in captivity when I ordered this one. This was my present to myself for going through all my medical procedures last fall.

This particular kit is also maple in material but with mahogany layers for enhanced depth. These drums boom but are so high quality sounding, they are a kit of choice by professional drummers worldwide. So here's my REAL baby....this kit is like my PRS of guitars. You don't even want to know how much I have wrapped up in these.

When I received them they were shipped in 3 boxes.

I have purchased cymbals for this kit but at the time I'd taken the pictures, I hadn't even decided what brand of cymbals to purchase. That situation has been resolved. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Here's how TR goes guitar shopping nowadays:
Clerk: So,what kind of sound are you looking for?
TR: Do you have anything in lime green?
Clerk: Lime green?
TR: It's the only color I don't have yet!
:lol:

:roll: When I got my Switch guitar for Christmas I was kinda hoping they had it in green. :mrgreen:

I had to settle for red. :x

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the pics, Bish! :D

So now you've got 3 drumkits??? Why does that sound bizarre to me when I have more than a few guitars??? :lol:

They're all quite beautiful. I particularly like the blue Mapex (naturally...!). So what kind of cymbals did you end up with...or did I miss a joke somewhere???

I notice a few similarities between your drumkits and my hubby's: he's got a blue-black fade pdp kit made by dw (blue being the similarity there), he's got all Zildjian A Custom cymbals (with the exception of a cheapie Wuhan China cymbal), and he has what I believe to be the very same Roc 'n' Soc throne I see in your Mapex pics! Outside of that, nothing looks familiar. Besides...I don't see any dust building up on your kits. :twisted:

Take care,
Cindy

:D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

I knew something wasn't right with my collection, TR. No green!!!!!! :lol:

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Anyone familiar with this Ibanez Acoustic-Electric?

Hubby's New Guitar-To-Be

Incredible as it is to me, my husband ordered it the other day. Not only is his ordering any guitar unbelievable; he's never even laid eyes on it, let alone played it! :shock: It sure looks purty and seems to be a good deal...but would anyone here ever order a guitar without first playing it??? I'm thinking an acoustic would especially need to be played before ordering! I fully understand that it's returnable, but still...shopping and all that is half the fun! And it makes more sense to me.

Hey...whatever! As long as I get to play it... :twisted:

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Never heard of a sycamore top guitar before - does it come with hundreds of greenfly? Seriously, looks a nice guitar - you'll have to let us know how he/you like it!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Hi :D

As far as I know, Sycamore falls into the maple family (hence the similarity to flame maple in looks)
It's not usually considered a tonewood though.
Nowhere in the description of the back/sides/top of this guitar does it say 'solid' - so I'm assuming
a veneer over some sort of tonewood.....
If that's not the case, it would have a really dry sound to it with all that maple.

Anyway - It is a pretty nice looking guitar for the money, and seems to have a pretty decent electronics system onboard....
Definitely keep us informed as to how it plays/sounds.

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks for the pics, Bish! :D

So now you've got 3 drumkits??? Why does that sound bizarre to me when I have more than a few guitars??? :lol:

They're all quite beautiful. I particularly like the blue Mapex (naturally...!). So what kind of cymbals did you end up with...or did I miss a joke somewhere???

I notice a few similarities between your drumkits and my hubby's: he's got a blue-black fade pdp kit made by dw (blue being the similarity there), he's got all Zildjian A Custom cymbals (with the exception of a cheapie Wuhan China cymbal), and he has what I believe to be the very same Roc 'n' Soc throne I see in your Mapex pics! Outside of that, nothing looks familiar. Besides...I don't see any dust building up on your kits. :twisted:

Take care,
Cindy

Thanks for the compliments. I ended up with a matched set of Sabian AA series including hats, crashes, ride and splash. Then I got wind of the Sabian Paragon series which is designed and I would assume, used by Neil Peart. They are amazing for what my expectations of cymbals are. So I have both sets. I also have a set of S series Wuhans with my practice kit. Can't beat them for the money.

I previously only used Zildjians myself but have branched out most recently.

Uh,...I have more than 3 kits, tho. :oops: I also have a complete Hart Dynamics 7 pc electronic drumset that is pretty much for recording studio work (even tho at the moment it's unassembled and packed away on shelves) so my Saturns have a place to nest. I also have a 5 pc kit that I have stashed over at practice.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Page 45 / 75