Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.8 K Views
(@97reb)
Noble Member

This is currently my effects set up. I don't use everything at once all the time. I tend to do some dancing sometimes when I am jamming to find sounds. This set up is used for heavy rock, doom, and metal.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Looking at other peoples gear never gets old. Thanks everyone for posting. I am enjoying all the pics!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looking at other peoples gear never gets old. Thanks everyone for posting. I am enjoying all the pics!

Amen to that - left to my own devices, I could sit and drool at them all day! Sid's Schechter looks cool, as does GS's Jaguar. Pedals, I know absolutely NOTHING about - but some of the pedal boards I've seen on here could make a one-string solo sound like a rock orchestra!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Vic, I am actually trying to cut back and trim down on the pedals to simplify my set-up. However, if you happen to have questions about pedals, I'd be happy to try and help with some info.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Vic, I am actually trying to cut back and trim down on the pedals to simplify my set-up. However, if you happen to have questions about pedals, I'd be happy to try and help with some info.

Thanks, I might just take you up on that offer. I am very definitely in favour of keeping things simple - but if I ever get to the stage of playing live, and I have to switch from, say, clean to distorted mid-song, it's going to be a lot easier standing on a pedal than changing amp settings (I use a Cube 30X) mid-song!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Hey guys, that Schecter plays and sounds as good as it looks. I got a smokin deal at guitar center, $349, it's Korean.

I suppose I could take a pic of the Peavey Bandit and the Vox amp. Lookin to upgrade my Zoom 1010 pedal to a Boss GT-8 pretty soon and maybe a Peavey Valve King.

Gotta sell the Bandit first. The Jackson Soloist should be home tomorrow, sent it in for some nut work and fret level.

ReplyQuote
(@stratman_el84)
Estimable Member

Ok, here's my main rig. The guitar is a G&L Tribute Legacy Premium. The amp is the first Testament MK-I I've built. I'm selling Testament MK-I's if anyone is interested. If you order one, it can come covered in a variety of coverings...tweed, aged tweed, and about a dozen different colors/styles of tolex including snakeskin and either the Fender-style cabinet and hardware shown or a Marshall-style cab with the appropriate hardware and trim.

Haven't got a pic of my pedalboard right now, I'll try to get one up soon.

Cheers!

Strat

ReplyQuote
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Nice setup Strat!

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

Hey guys, that Schecter plays and sounds as good as it looks. I got a smokin deal at guitar center, $349, it's Korean.
Sid, i'm not very familiar with Schecter's models but that's a Diamond isn't it? Does it come with coil tapped Duncans? How different is this from a C-1 classic which retails around 700 if i'm not mistaken?

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote
(@bmancv-60)
Estimable Member

Great thread, and I can finally post!

Jay Turser JT-133 (ES-335 model)
VOX DA5 amp

Forgot how much fun this is and so much of what I knew, but to learn the fretboard, real chords and actually know what power chords I've been playing is fantastic! :D

"...I don't know - but whasomever I do, its gots ta be FUNKY!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

G&L ... a "real" Strat :wink: I think it's awsome you made your own amp stratman!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@stratman_el84)
Estimable Member

Well in all honesty, I didn't build it just for me to have a nice amp. I'm building these amps to sell. I just get the "perk" of having one of the finest-sounding amps in the world around to play! :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Strat

ReplyQuote
(@southpaw_pete)
Eminent Member

After years of gear hoarding and a bad case of GAS, I'm finally stripped down to the essentials:

Line 6 Variax 500 (leftie)
Washburn D10SCE (leftie)
Vox Tonelab LE
PC running Magix Music Studio Deluxe 12

I don't gig electric these days, so the Washburn straight to PA takes care of live stuff - and the Vax through the LE covers everything I'll ever need for recording purposes!

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Sid, i'm not very familiar with Schecter's models but that's a Diamond isn't it? Does it come with coil tapped Duncans? How different is this from a C-1 classic which retails around 700 if i'm not mistaken?

Actually its a Gryphon limeted, sorry about the price misprint. it listed for $349, I paid $279. Yes it has coil tapped pickups, they are Duncan design though. I'm gonna try both a JB and a Tonezone in the bridge to see if I can tighten up the highs just a bit.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I don't gig electric these days, so the Washburn straight to PA takes care of live stuff - and the Vax through the LE covers everything I'll ever need for recording purposes!

I know for fact the Tonelab sounds wicked but I'm still a bit scared about the Variax. But man, the options the Workbench offer keep winking at me, I swear! I've heared some of your recordings and I know you've got your chops, how do you think the Variax weights up to the 'real thing'?

ReplyQuote
Page 48 / 75