Mesa Subway Rocket
Sunn Model T w Laney 4x12 cab
Behringer 4x12 cab
POD PRO preamp with footboard

Lots of pedals

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Just took an updated picture of my guitars so I thought I'd thorw them out here... where are yous?? :hmm:

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Beautiful guitars!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice collection Steve! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Query: Is the narrow neck typical of Fender guitars? (They look as though they'd suit me when I can finally plug in.) :)

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@thunderfingers)

My Tobias bass

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

My first post under Post your gear. I had mentioned these guitars in my intro, not that it matters. I have others, not all of them are downloaded, and I don't feel like making a list - that's just me? :shock: Anyhow, I haven't posted any pics for awhile, and still don't know what size to make 'em, afraid to go with full size. :?

I bought the 1998 Guild S-100 Polara brand new, since they stopped making them, in Rhode Island and everywhere. It's an SG-type obviously, mahogany body with maple neck and a deep tenon I assume at the joint. With Seymour Duncan numbered pickups, essentially they are truly a '59 and a JB. It has stock treble bleed and coil tap switch, a little more than Gibson put on their version. I like the sound and feel of it very much. No changes needed. It could be collectible?

The Ibanez RX270 is fine by me, and I enjoy it a lot. I bought it used, already quite aged with a deeply yellowed cream binding. It needed a few parts like rear covers, and a new old stock original center single pickup. There's a 5 way switch working the same as a Strat, and no coil tap. I bought the 4-lead Zebra Humbuckers therefore, and intended to split them to singles as well for versatility, and do the Steve Vai wiring mod & more. But I liked the original Powersound pickups so much, that I bought a spare set of NOS Powersounds too, and put them away. I added a TBX or treble bass boost as the "tone" and it screams, IMO, no less than Vai's or the Jem models with their DiMarzios and trick wiring.

It also has a beautiful chrome bridge with trem, featuring a massive sustain bar on top at the back, and sustain ridges at both sides. I guess it wasn't used much - I also ordered a new Ibanez whammy bar, it's all complete now, and not player-worn. Frets are medium; it is capable of maintaining a very low action, and playing comfortably with no problems.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

*cough cough* move along now, nothing to see in this post *cough cough* :roll:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i suddenly want to go out a buy some guitars :D

some real nice pics here.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

i suddenly want to go out a buy some guitars :D

Gosh, I don't think I've ever felt like that...

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Query: Is the narrow neck typical of Fender guitars? (They look as though they'd suit me when I can finally plug in.) :)

Sorry Shady, I only just spotted this! Yup, Fender guitars generally have a narrow neck on them (compared to that other big company, the one beginning with G...), but there is some difference from model to model, so it's still worth trying them out before you buy.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

A little large. My two main guitars even though I don't use the Jackson much. The Strat now has a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge these are a couple years old.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Wow, Cnev you're a lefty. Didn't know that.

Those are cool guitars surely and the Jackson is super cool.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

No Rahul good catch though. Those photo's got reversed they are right hand guitars

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

No Rahul good catch though. Those photo's got reversed they are right hand guitars

Nice picture! Beautiful guitars, lookin' very enjoyable and playable. 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
Page 60 / 75