Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.5 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Isn't there already a topic on this here

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

well I guess I need to post my newest addition huh? check out the bass forum for more details :) HEHEHE

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

Heritage H575 custom
Gibson LP 1957 goldtop reissue with Brazilian rosewood
Fender stratocaster, (1982 I think)
Gibson CL deluxe Acoustic
G&L climax bass

probably a few others that I can't recall at the moment as some are in storage.

Run all that through a peavey mark IV bass head and a Fender Princeton Reverb II, or into my mac via digitech dsp5 and a motu ultralite.

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Epiphone Firebird Custom and Ovation Celebrity Deluxe

Fender Jaguar Special HH

Randall RG50

Couldn't find any other place to post this but here's one of yours truly. Had me lips pierced.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Are you still digging the LP Custom? I just liked my Epi LP so much that I had to turn a SG into one.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Even after the novelty of it being my new toy, it's still my main axe. Haven't played it much lately though. Been more focused on singing. Although, a lot of the exercises demand I follow a scale on the keyboard, since I don't own one I use my guitar. It's like learning a scale on two instruments at once!

Did you get the silverburst too?

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

No, I had the Black & Gold Custom already. I had the chance to sell my Epi SG and buy an Epi LP Standard Plus Top for the whopping difference of $25. Plus I got a stand and a hard-shell case. It's a Honey Blonde, but not the current one. The '08 was different and that's what I got. I wish it was the newer version.

I've seen the Silver Bursts at the local GC before. Very nice.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Very nice indeed, I saw a silverburst custom at Guitar Center a while back and it was nice. I have 2 Epi Les Pauls myself and kind of prefer them to my Gibbys go figure. Mine are Standards, one black and one honeyburst.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

SO....this thread had disappeared for a while. Could it be that we're just not that interested in gear these days? :wink: That'll be the day.

In the last months, I've moved from my old home (Ecuador) to my new home for at least the next two years (South Korea).

This involved a serious and sad reduction of the guitar inventory down to one. I gave/sold all my lower quality axes to good homes in Ecuador, and traveled with one. When I got to Seoul, I got an audition, by chance, for a metal band...playing bass, which I haven't done for quite a while, so I needed a bass. This is my "new" set, and I think it's all I'm gonna have for a while, as apartments are small here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31525059@N03/4475419478/

The six string in my right hand is my main guitar, actually bought here in Korea a couple of years ago.

The bass in my left hand is a low-end BC RIch bass, with bolt on neck. Made here, a few years ago, bought second hand a couple of weeks ago.

The white thing on the couch is a near freebie- a new aquaintance here (he's in the army) got moved, and had to get rid of it in a hurry. I don't NEED an extra bass, but was being helpful. It's a "noel," whatever that is. Very cheap bass, but nice. Good feel and sound. Less sustain and less booming than the mockingbird, but a nice sound for classic rock.

That's what I've got for a while.

Best,
Ande

PS-so...I can't seem to make flicker do what I want it to and put the picture in this post- the link works, though...

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice guitars. I can see why you brought the one with you. The Mockingbird is cool too. A most exellent choice in a metal bass. :twisted:

Oh ... and allow me ........

You need to click the Img button and insert this found by right clicking on the pic and hitting properties, then highlighting and copying the link to the jpg.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Very nice looking LP's, TR and Roy!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Thanks TR. The Mock rocks- actually playing it tuned BEAD at the moment, which makes it feel like a weapon of massive destruction. (I am the God of THUNDER!)

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@aragorn)
Trusted Member

Takamine acoustic/electric and a Fender American Special Strat + Super Champ amp just purchased today!

:note1:

ps, plus Anduril and Glamdring.

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hey Grunge,

I'm really digging that Fender Jag! Black/chrome really looks cool!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

and by aragorn » 25 Apr 2010 05:17

Takamine acoustic/electric and a Fender American Special Strat + Super Champ amp just purchased today!

some sweet swords! You must be a shredder! :D

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 64 / 75