Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Your Gear...

Page 67 / 75

(@staffan)
Estimable Member

I think taking care of your guitar is cool... being obsessed and anal about it, like worrying about scratches and stuff like that, is gay, and people who take excessive care of their guitar and not treat it like an instrument should get a surprise visit from the angel of death.

I agree that you shouldn´t be "over protective" about it. After all, it´s kind of cool with a real "road worn" look to your instrument. Although I don´t understand why anyone would by a new "used" (reliced) instrument?! To me that´s crazy talk because I can´t see how a "pre-worn" instrument would last as long and age as well as a "real" new instrument... or will it? I don´t know to much about the relics, but it all seems a bit suspicious to me :)

BUT, I know that a lot of people love the reliced series and so I feel I should close by saying: "If it feels - and plays - right for you, then bollocks to everyone else" . There´s probably a separate thread for the whole reliced-discussion... gonna go see if I can´t find it...

/S

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

To me that´s crazy talk because I can´t see how a "pre-worn" instrument would last as long and age as well as a "real" new instrument... or will it?

You're missing the point. It's all about image: if you walk into a house where some old guy has a relic hanging on the wall your first thought will probably be:"Wow, that guy must have been playing for a long time, I bet he has real skill." So if you want people to think you rock, you dont mind spending the dough but you hate the thought of actually practicing/playing/performing then relic'ed guitars are the ultimate solution. Fender/Gibson std. are for players, relics are for fakers.

Having said that, people are more then welcome to spend their money in whatever way they want so if someone wants to help the economy a bit by spending $2000 on their image then they have my blessing.

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Honorable Member

My best guitar has a really cool "worn" kind of look. I absolutely love the well-used, "relic" look and feel.

YOu can acheive this look and feel cheaply by buying a version that isn't pre-worn, and playing the living heck out of it at every opportunity.

Gives you the best of both worlds- the cool lookin geetar, AND the chops to go with it.

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

You're missing the point. It's all about image

Well, yeah, I suspected that much... I was just hoping that it wouldn´t be so - because that would be really sad. But I´m guessing you may be right. :(

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

ReplyQuote
(@estrago1)

Squier Stratocaster
Squier SP-10 Practice Amp
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Danelectro FAB Echo
DigiTech RP70 Multi-Effect

That's really it. I just got my strat about a year ago, and I've been slowly acquiring new pedals. I'm also getting ready to replace my amp. I love it and all, but I need a little more bang.

ReplyQuote
(@dparden)

Art & Lutherie Acoustic
Ibanez S470
Ibanez Gio
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Squire Double Fat Strat Standard

Digitech RP90
Boss DS-1

Crate 40-C
Peavy Triumph 120

I mainly play the Epiphone for rock songs and the Squire for chord melodies.

ReplyQuote
(@guitarfanatic)

Fender Mexi strat
Schecter Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 212
Compulsive Audio Tone Oracle Overdrive pedal
Compulsive Audio Jimi Octave Fuzz

ReplyQuote
(@zepeda91)

Im Rockin A Few Different Things, Some got scattered from missouri to texas..

Guitars-
Gibson Hawk
Ibanez Gio
Oscar-Shmidt 12 String
B.C. Rich Warlock

Amp-
Fender deluxe "The Hawks Nest"

Pedals-
Danelectro Trip L Wah
Danelectro Echo
Grunge

Mic-
Shure

Just Ordered New Pup Covers And strings For my Hawk!

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I love these threads...

I've had to really thin out the herd recently...wife and I had a baby a month ago, our first, and I lost my music room to the baby's room.

So here's what I'm down to. Still respectable but not what it once was.

2002 Martin DX1
2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
2004 Fender Standard Stratocaster
1991 Washburn 12 string
2009 Fender 70s Jazz Bass

Vox AD30 Modeling Amp
Peavey Bass Amp (basic one)

Danelectro FAB Overdrive
MXR Dyna Comp
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Boss DS1 (I'm thinking about modding this one day)

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

guitars:
g&l legacy
alvarez rf20sm w/jjb pickup
carvin satfp90
yamaha rbx250f fretless bass

pedals:
modded boss ds1 dist
subdecay prometheus filter
teese rmc2 wah
subdecay blackstar dist
subdecay supernova drive od
ehx big muff pi fuzz
behringer hellbabe wah
ibanez bc9 chorus
ibanez de-7 delay
digidelay
boss rc20 looper

amps:
peavey c30 w/cannabis rex speaker
crate gx-80
and an acoustic amp in the other room. not gonna check the model.

misc:
bunch of assorted harmonicas,a djembe, and an electric piano i'm selling right now.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Honorable Member

Hahaha all of you guys have alot of stuff, but I only have my trusty guitar and I use it on whatever amp I can find.

guitar: Ibanez Prestige RG 2500 - Works for everything from Jazz to Hard Heavy Metal. I use it to play at church mostly which ranges from old old people songs to new Jazz/Pop Gospel types of things, also Rock-Pop Gospel. It has 2 humbuckers and a single coil ( Seymour Duncan Alnico something or other and Seymour Duncan something or other, I have the boxes of the pickups but I don't wanna go downstairs)

amp: I'm using a Fender Frontman 212r, which I think is perfect for playing at church, the distortion is great through my high output pickups, not so heavy, just heavy enough, the clean is also great, just overall a great amp, I think.

lol that is all no pedals or anything, it works, and it sounds good :D

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i mean, that's probably most of what i own in total, so i don't know. someone could clean me out in like 3 minutes.

ReplyQuote
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

So, my GAS struck again :D I just bought a new acoustic yesterday; a Martin D-15 - all solid mahogany dreadnought. I´ve only been able to play it for an hour or so, but - man - the sound is really cool; rich and fluffy! 8) Gonna put up a picture of it when I get back home later today. So far - I like it a lot!

There is one thing that bugs me though: the rear strap-button came unmounted? It´s included in a separate envelope in the hard-case but... it´s made of plastic?! Like a big bridge-pin or something. I found this strange, being a Martin and all, I´d expect the strap-button to be a) mounted and b) made of metal? Anyone know why they do this?

Well, it´s no biggie - I´m gonna take it back to the shop and have them mount it for me (I tried - carefully - to push it in place, but it seems to require some amount of force and I´m afraid I´ll accidentaly bust a crack in the wood or something so I´m going to let the proffesionals handle it :)

But apart from that - I´m really happy about the guitar - from the moment I saw and played it, I just fell in love with it. I absolutely love Mahogany-wood, both the tone it produces and the look and feel of it!

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Honorable Member

PIcs! We need more pics!!!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

every strap pin on every acoustic i've played has been plastic afaik, or possibly wood on some handmade models. electrics have metal ones, but they're generally screwed into a solid piece of wood, not just a thin layer.

ReplyQuote
Page 67 / 75