Notifications
Clear all

You're Gonna LOVE MY Pedalboard!

66 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Thanx Mike, checked 1 Spots dealer locator and there is a dealer in Winnipeg 125 miles away. Have to go there next week anyway so will pick up an adapter then (plus daisy chain)
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thanx Mike, checked 1 Spots dealer locator and there is a dealer in Winnipeg 125 miles away. Have to go there next week anyway so will pick up an adapter then (plus daisy chain)
Robbie

Pick up a few daisy chains since they are only $10 bucks. You can always use them for something.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Will do!!!! Scary thing is that Behringers dealer locator shows the same store as a dealer. Jeez I hope I don't have to buy enough pedals to fill up a daisy chain.(g)
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

wow. That's a lot of pedals. Ever had them all on at the same time?

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

yea , once before.
sorry mike, but since the secret is out you might as well come clean.
remember the east coast blackout a while back?

that was Mikes first experiment with a pedalboard :lol:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

yea , once before.
sorry mike, but since the secret is out you might as well come clean.
remember the east coast blackout a while back?

that was Mikes first experiment with a pedalboard :lol:

You're too much TL! :lol:

I am not sure if you were serious ivan but what sense would it make to put on 5 distortion pedals and 2 overdrives at the same time? :? However, kind of related, I have the pedals going to surge protectors then the surge protectors going to a power tap (actually made for a computer set up but works great for this use!) and when I tuen on the power about half of my pedals all come on...even pedals I did not use before I turned it off? Are pedals suppose to come on automatically when the power it turned on?

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

It wouldn't make any sense, but I noticed you didn't answer the question.

Be truthful!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Sure he does. How could you not at least try it??

I have 8 pedals on my pedalboard, I've turned them all on at once lots of times. Sounds good too. I don't use my board like this, but I sure had to see what it sounded like. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

In all honesty I have NOT turned them all on at the same time and never even gave it a thought. I have tried several different combinations but when it comes to the "gain effects" I onlu use one distortion and/o one overdrive. When I turn on the power to my pedalboard half of my pedals turn on by themselves..including more than one dostortion. The feedback is TERRIBLE! But I have never done so intentionally

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow, I don't know how you resisted trying them all at once.

Turn your guitar way down first, then you shouldn't get feedback. Maybe :D

Danelectro pedals are funny. If you disconnect another pedal in your board while it's on they will all turn on. Only my Danos do this.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I just thought I would post this book here...one I plan on ordering soon!

Introduction to Guitar Tone and Effects

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Thanx for the 1 spot info Mike and Wes, picked one up today..works great, also two daisy chains. Now I just need more pedals(g)
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Thanks a lot for the book link, mikespe. I just ordered one. It doesn't take much to convince me to buy anything. :oops:

I've got a pretty amazing assortment of effects myself now and I keep buying more. I don't have 'em hooked up or together, though. I swear, at this point it's more the thrill of the kill than the actual utilization of each effect. But some of 'em I especially love. (The good ol' Dunlop CryBaby and Seymour Duncan pup booster to name just two.)

I didn't see any Electro-Harmonix in your array. Whaddaya think of 'em?

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I used to have an Electro Harmonix Big Muff and Small Stone back in the 80's. They were the pedals to have. I don't know if quality has changed much in the quarter century since. Oooh that hurts to think about.

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

I'm gonna have to learn to take pics and post 'em, but I'll have to wait till the hubby's away. If I line 'em all up and start clicking away, he'll actually know how much crap I've bought in the past couple of months. Did someone mention a 12-Step meeting? I've already done a couple of those to great "effect" but I always switch addictions.

Nick: I have a new E-H Big Muff which disappointed me, though I never had an old one. It's OK, but definitely not my favorite. I love their English Muff'n, and the guitar synth is lotsa fun. I'm almost collecting E-H at this point. I've also got a load of Danos, old Ibanez's (mid-'80s), DigiTech, Voodoo Lab, MXR, Morley, Seymour Duncan, Hiwatt, ProCo, Rocktron...what am I forgetting??? It's sick. And I love it. But for the $$$ I've spent, I could have one helluva PRS or Gibson or whatever guitar! But my husband would definitely notice that, so this is my sneaky way around being good...

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5