Clear all

2 quick questions

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@viper)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, but here goes.
Ok, I just got a new Ibanez, and I plan on switching the pickups to SD Blackouts. Is it possible to wire them to play as passive pickups at the flip of a switch?
Second question, I was looking at some vids on youtube and heard the sound of piezo pickups on steinbergers, JP music mans, and even a strat or two. Is it possible to buy saddle piezo pickups for my Ibanez? Thanks in advance.

Ibanez RG3EXFM1

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

You should contact Seymour Duncan regarding the Blackouts. I've read they can be switched for active/passive, but the wiring diagrams on their website to not show such an option. Duncan will tell you if it can (or should) be done.

There are aftermarket piezo bridges, but most seem to be for Strats, like the Baggs X-Bridge. Schaller makes a few as well, include a tune-o-matic (Gibson) style. Whether or not they will fit your guitar without modification to the body is the main issue to resolve.
http://schaller-guitarparts.de/hp121978/Bridges-with-Piezo.htm?ITServ=_CY425ea72dX11dab07842dXY5034

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@viper)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'll probably email SD later on. Thanks.
And about the piezo pups, I'd rather not replace the entire bridge, just the stock saddles to ones equipped with piezo electronics.

Ibanez RG3EXFM1

ReplyQuote