Clear all

A faulty pot?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

After shielding my guitar I discovered what I thought was a flaky five way switch that only worked in position 1 and 5. Even switching it really fast back and forth wouldn't make it work, then I accidental turned down the bottom tone pot and bingo! The switch works fine. Question is could I have accidental shorted something when I did the shield? Or is the pot to blame and I should replace it? Man it never ends :oops:

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I gather your talking about some kind of strat wiring. Perhaps something maybe touching where it shouldn't be or what if the pot is wired wrong. I would check over the wiring to be sure everything looks right and is connected as it should be.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I gather your talking about some kind of strat wiring. Perhaps something maybe touching where it shouldn't be or what if the pot is wired wrong. I would check over the wiring to be sure everything looks right and is connected as it should be.

Joe

Yeah it is a three coil set-up. I'll look again. :oops:

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well it turns out one of the cap wires had broken when I put it back together I accidently soldered it to the wrong post :oops: Just to be sure I taped the backs of the pots and 5 way switch. Sounds better than new. 8)

ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote