Clear all

Acousti Stap Pin Q

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey......ive recently got an Electro-Acoustic..it only has one pin for a strap....i was wondering how you would go about getting another one attached etc........would it need to be a guitar shop job?.........cheers!!!

NeM

Rain Shadow

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

If your handy you can do it yourself. Search the net for instructions.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

A typical acoustic body style has a bulge where the neck meets the body which is solid wood. The underside of that bulge is a good place to put the second strap pin. It just takes drilling a small hole to screw the pin into. I recommend the underside since it is a better angle to hold the strap on the pin a little better which makes it less likely to pop off.

Put a piece of masking tape where you will be drilling so the drill does not slip as easy and scratch the surface.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

Or you could just tie the strap to the headstock with a string...a much easier approach. It also holds the guitar at a different (and I think better) angle.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I took my Fender to a luthier to have that done, and I still had the string around the headstock, and he admonished me for doing that...unneeded stress on the neck etc etc. He flipped out. So I said great, put a new button on.

Is it true that the string idea is bad?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Not supported with data yet unless your guitar weighs 50 or so pounds.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote