Clear all

Acoustic Guitar Neck Warp

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bobbydd21)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,
It's my first time posting here so I apologize if I don't go about it in the right manner.
I have a Breedlove Passport Acoustic Guitar. Unfortunately, it has been a cold dry winter and I have been at school and did not have my guitar humidifer with me. During this time it seems that the neck has slightly warped (which I assume is because of the lack of humidity) to the point where I am experiencing some fret buzz on the b and e strings. I am going to be getting my humidifer soon and so my question is will using it help revert the neck warp or at least help it? If not, how much does something like this cost to fix? It is only a $300 guitar so it may not be worth getting it professionaly fixed if it costs a lot of money. Any help would be greatl appreciated! Thank you!

(@supremesound)
Eminent Member

You can start with the humidifier and it may go back to normal. If not, you are probably just in need of a set up or slight adjustment to your neck and/or possibly your action. Remember, your guitar is made of wood, so temperature and humidity effect the playability and movement of the guitar. Guitar are like cars; they need "oil changes" every so many miles, or in our case, hours. Even a $300 guitar needs service once in a while. If you learn what to look for and how to look for it and what to do, you can perform most set-ups yourself. We offer a great class that teaches you how to do it. If you are in one of the areas we offer the COMPLETE Guitar Repair & Set-Up Clinic, you should definitely check it out. It will answer a ton of questions and show you how to perform these tasks that need to usually be done at least once or twice a year. Sometime more...

http://supremesoundstudio.com/clinics-workshops/complete-guitar-repairset-up-clinic/

All the best!
Brian

ReplyQuote