Clear all

Acoustic repair

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have an old Yamaha acoustic however the strap peg on the body has come out. It is plastic but I do not know what exactly to do. Do I glue it? If so what kind of glue?

Thanks
Bstguitarist
KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

End pins are just friction fit. Push it in (fairly hard, maybe with a tiny bit of twist) and you're good to go.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It came out of the hole at the tail end of the guitar, and there is no screw, right? If so, the strap pin should be an inch (2.5 cm) or so long and the end that goes into the guitar should be tapered to match the tapering of the hole. Do NOT glue it in. If nothing is worn or broken, all you have to do is insert the peg into the hole and twist it a bit to make it snug -- that's it.

Edit (same as Noteboat posted first, obviously)

If there is a screw, you may have to repair the hole -- let us know if that's the case, and you'll get the standard toothpick and wood glue lesson. :wink:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, Its not a screw but I already know the old toothpick and glue trick for that. But the thing is that the peg just keeps coming out. If I do not really even apply and pulling pressure (Strap) the peg will stay, but If I have almost any tension whatsoever on the directing the peg comesout by it wil just come out.

Thanks
Bstguitarist
KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

try the frank ford trick. Swirl some super glue around the hole and let it dry. Try fitting the pin now. If it is still too loose, swirl another coat. Let it dry. Try again.

ReplyQuote