Clear all

Alternate Trem Arm?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I recently saw the band Umphrey's McGee and was noticing the lead guitarist had a (maybe?) customized trem arm. It was really small and looked almost like a spoon that faced away from the neck. It gave him easy access to all his knobs. He was playing a customized Cort Strat-like guitar, but I haven't been able to find the model and it definitely wasn't his standard guitar (which is a black fender strat). Anyone ever heard of or seen something like this? I wish I could find a good pic but I haven't been able to.

*EDIT*
I found a picture, hopefully it'll help the ID. Check the knob where the trem should be, that's what I want.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

(@egdinger)
Eminent Member

Are you looking for a place to buy one? If so I can 't help, but it doesn't seem like it would be very hard to make one. I don't know if an actual spoon would be strong enough, but you could find a chunk of metal that you like the shape of, and a fairly beefy hollow standoff and a screw the right size and just bolt it on. According to https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24890&highlight=tremolo+arm it seems that American trems have 10-32 size hole while imports have a 6mm hole. It doesn't list the thread pitch for the imports, just take you trem arm in and ask, they should have a pitch gauge. The standoff would be a personal thing as to how high you want it, but I bet a stack of washers would work fine, but they would probably scratch the surface of trem unless you put something between them.

ReplyQuote