Clear all

an indiscriminate clean channel *fuzz*

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have a 100W fender amp, solid state. I play through a semi-hollowbody and I have a feeling that I may have damaged the amp with a recent severe case of feedback. Immediately afterward the amp was fine, but about a week later I started getting a very strong background fuzz on my clean and overdrive channels.

It's not a speaker issue, I ran the pre amp out into another amp and everything was jsut fine.

I don't expect anyone to be able to diagnose from that info, but is this sound like a critical problem, because I still have the uber-cool 5-year fender warranty. but I'll have to ship it quite a distance.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Maybe a could of things. The power supply or tranformer is getting bad or even a circut board. Without hearing iit, it's just a "WAG". Maybe even just a pot is in its last leg. I'm sure you try a few differnt things before she decides to stop won't go.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

actually, it returned to a good state after a few days of no use, I'm thinking it is just a pot.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Always good to hear when things fix themselves.

Joe

ReplyQuote