Clear all

Bit of Advise for a newbie

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@phillyd)
Topic starter  

Hello Guys And Gals,

I Have a 52 style cleassic tele an I am thinking of beafing it up with some new pickups,
I've found some i want but i am not sure if I can just put them straight in or will I have to mod my guitar in anyway
Package Includes: EMG's exclusive Quik-Connectâ„¢ cables (2), what are these and how do i connect them to my tone & vol pots. it might sound a bit daft but i'm new to moddiing and would like to get it right first time...........Thanks :D

http://www.axiomatic-music.co.uk/acatalog/Active_Pickups.html EMG T (Set)

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I am pretty sure those EMG sets come with prewired 25k pots. Call the dealer to make sure.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@phillyd)
Topic starter  

Just after posting the light bulb came on and went to emg's website. Yes your right they come with complete package
pots and all, bit puzzled to where the battery is going to go though.........
Thanks anyway Slejhammer

totally off topic any of you guys and gals listen to a band called Wolfmother.....AWESome

Philly

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

There might be enough room in the cavity with the pots. It's easy to pop it off on a Tele, just 2 screws and you don't have to mess with the strings. If those are Tele pickups I wouldn't be a bit suprised if a battery holder was somehow combined with the pots and designed to fit in.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@phillyd)
Topic starter  

Hey there peeps,

I recently started looking into sheilding my 52 classic Tele to reduce buzzing and also decided i was going to get new pickups.
I came accross these buetys .

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=13

I contacted EMG with a couple of questions before buying.

Q)1 If I get my guitar shielded will the copper shielding affect these pickups in any way or impair their sound qaulity.
Their reply

A)1 Copper shielding may cause a ground loop, not recommended.

Q)2 Will these pickups fit directly into my guitar or will I have modify it in any way also is there any soldering involved.
Their reply
A)1 Pickups should be a direct fit, however you will need to replace the pots with our 25k pots for the active pickups,
so yes soldering is involved. Regards,

Scott FerraraEMG PickupsNational Sales Mgr.
[email protected]

Just thought i'd share this as I'm a newb to guitar modding and hope it may help someone else.

Cheers....phillyd :D :D

ReplyQuote