Clear all

bridge question

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeremyd)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

when i was restringing my dean caddy i took oft he strings and the bridge slip out i gues it was held on by tension of the strings i dont know witch way it goes back on it can go both ways any help$$

(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Jeremy. If it's a compensated saddle (a little cut out area), that goes on the treble side (high strings). If not, I think that the treble side should sit a little lower in the bridge. I hope this helps.

Denny

ReplyQuote
(@jick-jackson)
Estimable Member

Hi Jeremy

I don't know jack about Deans so I'm not sure about your bridge. If your guitar seemed intonated OK before I would say the saddle closest to the neck should be in the treble position. Many bridges on my guitars switch in the middle of the six, but the high E is almost always closer to the neck than the low E. I think it is because of the thickness of the strings being compensated for (ie the high E's angle contact point is closer because it's thinner) I hope someone that actually knows chimes in to help explain or dispute my thoughts.

If all else fails, just put it on! If it sounds like crap and out of tune, try it the other way. If it sounds equally bad both ways, that's a whole different matter I think.

Just my $.09 cents (adjusted for inflation :) )

Good luck,
Jick

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Visit The Best Show on WFMU at wfmu.org

ReplyQuote
(@denny)
Reputable Member

From looking online just now I see that the Dean Caddy is an electric guitar. Sorry for my earlier post, it probably confused rather than helped.

Denny

ReplyQuote