Notifications
Clear all

Can't stop cracking

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blue_wat)
Topic starter  

Long time player first time poster. As far as maintenance and repairs I'm totally in the dark... But let me get to the problem.

I recently had to take my guitar into the shop because my guitar fell forward and cracked along the headstock. I got it back recently and was super pumped. However I just noticed a hairline crack that runs from the bottom of the body right up to bridge between the G and B bridge pins. The crack doesn't seem serious. When I run my finger along it you only really feel it in around the middle and it's maybe a millimeter difference on either side. So I have a couple questions.

1) Is this serious? Should I stop playing it until I look inside the guitar and have someone look at it/I do something myself?

2) Could I use superglue or something similar to act as a band-aid?

3) I spent about $150 to have the headstock fixed, and the guitar is a 10 year old Walden D560T. Should I just accept the (maybe) inevitable and think about getting a new guitar rather than put more money into this? I love this guitar, but I don't want to keep investing if this thing turned into a lemon.

I really would appreciate any help!