Classical Guitar Luthier

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi all.

Recently my father in law passed away and he was a very accomplished musician. He even worked as an arranger for motown back in its heyday. When I passed he had a large number of instruments. Most have been sold but we kept about 6 guitars a banjo and some odds and ends.

3 of the guitars are higher end classical. There is a Ricardo Sanchis, a Paul Jacobson and a Jose Rameriz (this one is a prize, built in 1968 and in excellent condition).

My question is I want to have these evaluated and have any maintenance done on them that's required. I would also like to have them appraised for insurance purposes. Not really planning on selling them.

Can anyone recommend a good luthier in the Lexington, KY area? Or someplace within a few hours drive? Nashville, Cincinnati, Lousiville, Indianapolis, etc.

Looking for someone with classical experience. I don't want to let any Joe Schmo touch these things!

Thanks!

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

(@alangreen)

Try here: www.classicalguitardelcamp.com

Any number of luthiers contribute to the Forum, and they have gazillions of Forum members who should be able to help.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Gruhn Guitars, Nashville. Does appraisals and is extremely well respected.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote