Notifications
Clear all

Epiphone Sorrento

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@alfonso)
Topic starter  

I was thinking about having the P90's on my 1996 Epiphone replaced with humbuckers, then I found the perfect clean setting on my Line 6 amp. Now that I'm getting such a great sound I'm thinking that I could get a little better, deeper, warmer jazzier etc. sound if I had a wooden bridge/saddle?? Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated, oh yeah, I've been online checkin out prices and I know the vintage bridges are hella expensive, so any price ideas pass those on as well, sound ideas I'm looking to hear from someone with thinline model experience or at least someone qualified? I really don't need to hear oh, Line 6 Spider, that's the problem... cause I really like my amp and yes, I play jazz guitar...

Sincere thank you to all...

(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I'll start off by saying that most of the time, humbuckers and P-90's won't fit in the same hole, they make cross-compatible P-90's to fit in humbucker holes, but I'm not sure about finding humbuckers that fit in P-90 holes.

As for your other tone issue, I would seriously consider tuning your controls further on both your guitar and amp before I went out and tried to replace the bridge if you are on a budget that tight. Roll down your tone control a hair, back your volume off to about 7-8, push your mids up a hair... see if you can find that tone you want.

The other thing that might be missing is that because you're running through a small cabinet, your sound might not be as full as you want it just because of that. To test, take your guit to GC and see if the problem is really your guitar, or if your amp is suiting your needs. Obviously, a good amp is probably going to be out of your range, but it would save you some expensive (and possibly worthless) tweaking.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member

'Obviously, a good amp is probably going to be out of your range,' oi i've got a line 6 spider 2 30 and its great. i can play most styles from blues to heavy metal with it lol. 'an amp to suit your playing style is out of your range' would be a better way of putting it lol :P

ReplyQuote