Fender amp.. but which one was it?

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

Earlier this year when i was in Edinburgh, Scotland on a bit of a protest, i went into a guitar shop there. I picked up a beautiful vintage Strat, and went into their playing room. Whilst in there i plugged it up with this reallly nice Fender amp. But i dont know what the name of it was. I was small in size, rectangular front, and had controls on the back of it rather than at the front, and it only had basic controls with no distortion at all, it also had an amazing reverb. For some reason i cant remember the colour.... perhaps black perhaps cream, its slipped my mind for some reason. The reason i really want to know what this amp is though is because it played so beautifully. I'd never heard an amp so full and sweet. I cant remember the exact price but i think it was somewhere high at about £600.

What i would do to get my hands on one of those!

Thanks for any help
Steve

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

that sounds like the Fender Blues Junior....a wonderful little amp, i want one myself.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Yeah I agree with Bono, its sounds a like a Blues Jr.

I have its bigger Brother the HotRod Deluxe. Gawd I love it. The silky smooth clean tones on this are wonderful. I first played through this amp at my instructors house and I just had to have one after that.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

After looking at the Fender website, i can confirm that yes it is the Junior blues.. damn what a sweet amp... I have a line 6 spider, and although it has quite a nice clean sound... its very clean, and the reverb actually isn't that strong. Where as the junior blues is kind of... i dont know, moving i suppose. Makes you want to play on.

Cheers people.. .. Those with this amp, (lucky B*****ds) enjoy :P

I found the best price in England is about.. £350..

I WANT ONE !

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

350BP new? You could probably find a used one for a bit less I'm sure.

I paid $375 for the HR Deluxe used. Granted the guy played at his church and mostly babied it, but new they're around $500+ here.

Keep looking I'm sure one will fall in your lap :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I saw one for $320...demo model, the guy at GC wanted me to take it home. I only had $250, tops to spend though, and he wouldnt drop the price below $290 i think. So I ended up with the Vox AD30 for only $220 or so. I think I made a good choice, but man, that Blues Junior really really really sounded sweet. Let us know if oyu get one,

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@stevedabear)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Its a little difficult to come by that kind of money really being a student... maybe some time in the far future i'll be able to afford one. *fingers crossed*

ReplyQuote
(@phangeaux)
Estimable Member

I was looking at both of those amps, new, just two days ago and I was very tempted to get in debt to have one. I just need one for recording, so the Blues Junior would be good enough, but the HRD looks very nice.

Then this morning I realized that I have a vintage Standel Custom 15 (15 inch speaker) here that needs repair and this may be better than a blues junior for recording, so I think I will fix this one. Standel has a pretty amazing background:

http://www.standelamps.com/about_us/story/index.html

Here is a photo of two that are just like mine, this pedal steel player says they are very good.

http://www.larrybell.org/id40.htm

I think it is worth putting my money into fixing the one I have before buying another one.

Phangeaux
BadBadBlues

ReplyQuote