Notifications
Clear all

Fender Frontman 212r

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@liath)
Topic starter  

I have a Fender Frontman 212r and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Eb. It's a fine amp but.. when I increase the drive to 6 or more, some of my strings start vibrating mildly and I'm hearing to a weird noise. I think that the palm muting is not the best way to avoid that noise. Is there any problem with my space, strings or something?

P.S. I have used many guitars, so the problem is not my Paula.

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I have a Fender Frontman 212r and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Eb. It's a fine amp but.. when I increase the drive to 6 or more, some of my strings start vibrating mildly and I'm hearing to a weird noise. I think that the palm muting is not the best way to avoid that noise. Is there any problem with my space, strings or something?

Describe the noise.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@liath)
Topic starter  

It's like IIIIIIIIIIIIII. As I said, when I increase the drive to 6(or more) my strings (not all of 'em) start vibrating without touching them.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Sounds like feedback.
Move further from the amp, or face away from it, and see what happens.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

It's like IIIIIIIIIIIIII. As I said, when I increase the drive to 6(or more) my strings (not all of 'em) start vibrating without touching them.

Sounds like feedback. Step away from the amp or put your back to the amp. Turning down the gain or works too, in small spaces.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

ReplyQuote
(@liath)
Topic starter  

The problem could be the strings though?

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

The problem could be the strings though?

If what you hear is similar to the sound clip on this page, then the strings are most likely not the culprit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_feedback

Feedback isn't necessarily a bad thing - once you learn to control and use it :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@liath)
Topic starter  

Yes, it kinda sounds like this, but in 00:10 of the vid, the sound stays this way.

ReplyQuote