Clear all

Fender Stage 1000, busted?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I've already asked this question here, but it happened again, and I was wondering if I could get some new input.

I have a one-year old Fender Stage 1000, the new kind with DSP effects, which I have used in a few concerts and outdoor ampitheatres, and it's one up to "9" on the volume three or four times.
It now is giving me serious trouble, it's a beautiful 160W amp, and I'm hoping it can be fixed. whenever I plug in(whether it's through the cab speaker or if I send the power-amp out to a PA) it gets a distorted, muddy, crackled tone(that sound that everybody in the band makes the :shock: face at)

Am I gonna have to bring it into the shop finally? Or can anybody direct as to how to fix it(whatever "it" is, but I'm willing to learn!)
how often do amps break down in this way, I've usually seen amps die suddenly and assuredly rather than draggin on like this, especially not a one-year-old fender with and 8ohm 12" speaker at 100 watts.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

To be honest, if it's still within the warranty period, I'd take it back to the shop. Even if it's just out, I'd still take it back and tell them you expect more from a good quality amp, like Fender. Don't be nasty, be polite but firm.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I worked one of those amps about a year ago that exhibited that same problem. I found that were one of the plugins to a circuit board was not plugged all the way in. Here's the best part. About a week or so later the guy was complaining that the rattle the amp had was even worse than is was at a certain volume after I had worked on it. I reached around behind the amp and pulled out the bag of casters for the amp. They had been back there from the factory. He never even knew they where there. He thought the bag was part of the reverb unit so just left it there.

Go figure.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here's is Fender's page on warranties. Amps are covered for 5 years, although some items like footswitches are covered for only 1 year, and some items deemed as accessories like tubes are covered for 90 days.

Fender Warranties

Amps come under "electronic products"

I would take it in and have it serviced by a professional. Unless you have knowledge in these areas it is doubtful you could fix it anyway.

Hopefully this repair will come under your warranty and be free. So get a professional to look at it.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks, I bought it online, and can't find my receipt, so I'll have to work at it, maybe if I call musiciansfriend they have records of sales receipts, but I doubt it.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

thanks, I bought it online, and can't find my receipt, so I'll have to work at it, maybe if I call musiciansfriend they have records of sales receipts, but I doubt it.

Don't bother with MF. They will only support you if it's within their guarantee time frame.

I had a small Fender amp and had a similar sounding problem. Turns out it was bad solder connections on the main board. A simple fix anyone who's good at soldering could perform. Lucky for me I work for a manufacturing firm and just asked one of the shop electrical guys to test the connections. Fix the bad ones and let me have my amp back. 4 hours later it was gold.

That caster story is a hoot!!! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I forgot to tell you that you should be able to look up your sales history on MF. I can see everything I bought from them since 2002. So history should be good. Go the the My Account area and you can find the link that will take you to your accounts page and you should be able to lookup and view your purchasing history. Good luck. :)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks, if I ever get to it, I'll huck the 160w gimp over to a store and see if thy can fix it, there goes my paycheck. but I really do like that amp a lot.

-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote