Notifications
Clear all

Fret issue

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bliz4rd)
Topic starter  

Hey guys. I recently bought a schecter c-1 platinum and I was working on a new tune when I noticed that this one particular fret was off. It's the 8th fret B string. Any other note will sustain for days, but this one will change pitch within a second or so and die within 5 or 6 seconds. I noticed that the G string also resonates when I hit this one note. I was wondering if you guys think it could be the action. I took it to a tech and it needed a truss rod adjustment and that seemed to help, but it still does it. My other schecter synyster gates standard also does this too.

(@zincberg)
Eminent Member

Sounds like uneven frets to me.
If the neck has been straightened, then you could have an uneven fret through either wear, the fret popping up or just poor finishing.

could you clear something up please... when you say it "changes pitch", what does it do? does the note go sharp or flat? or does it just "buzz" and die?

ReplyQuote
(@bliz4rd)
Topic starter  

According to my tuner, it doesn't actually change the note. But I actually think its a form of string dampening. Personally, I do believe it's uneven frets. Which means I'll probably be returns this guitar for a new one.

ReplyQuote
(@zincberg)
Eminent Member

uneven frets is the most likely reason. I would say just to get them planed, but if its a new guitar, absolutley take it back.

ReplyQuote