Clear all

Guitar Noise,sound vibration & Fret buzz

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@loverali)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,
i've got some problems with my guitar.it's Ibanez RG 370DX.it's bridge is floyd rose.the most important problem(for me)is that it's got kind of vibration in the sound.it's so irritating and i don't know what's the problem.i've changed my strings and it just got worse and now it has fret buzz,too.though i know that fret buzz is easy to solve and i think it's because of tross rod,but what about vibration?!by the way,it has a little noise too,but it's at the end of the sound and not so much.
i've tried changing the action(it just made more noise!!!!) and as i said changing the strings but i don't dare to adjust tross rod,'cause i'm nobe.
Can all of these problem be because of tross rod?

Thanks in advance.

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

low action can cause buzzing. the string may be touching the fret somewhere. play each string over each fret to determine if this is the problem. I don't mess with truss rod adjusting; too chicken. I 'd take it to a shop and have the guitar set up. it won't cost much. under 50$.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@loverali)
Topic starter  

low action can cause buzzing. the string may be touching the fret somewhere. play each string over each fret to determine if this is the problem. I don't mess with truss rod adjusting; too chicken. I 'd take it to a shop and have the guitar set up. it won't cost much. under 50$.
well,i've made the action higher and it didn't have any effect(and even i lowered it!!!).i reached a point (by adjusting action) that it almost doesn't have any noise but it still have the other two problems(fret buzz,vibration and noise).The most wondering problem is vibration and i just wanna know what's the cause of it because last time i took it to a shop and he said that the strings are old and the vibration is because of them.i changed them but i still have the vibration.so i don't wanna spend more money for nothing!!!!!!!!
By the way,the vibration in clean is just a little but in distortion effect it's so much and obvious.

ReplyQuote