Clear all

Guitar Set-up from Scratch

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rajian)
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

I have a cheap Ibanez which needs setting up, but I have no idea on how to go about it. My brother decided to try and "adjust" it and made it unplayable. I have it in drop A# because if you try and put it in something like standard, the bridge looks like it's about to snap off. I'm new to guitar maintenance, and have no idea what to do. I could take it to a shop, but it's only a cheap guitar and the set-up will probably cost more than the guitar is worth, and I only want it to noodle on. The main question being, how do I get it to be able to play in standard comfortably (I don't mind having the bridge blocked off either if that makes it any easier). Any help would be much appreciated.

The guitar is an Ibanez GRG170DX

(@supremesound)
Eminent Member

Sounds like you may have changed gauges and the screws that hold the trem springs bracket into the body need to be tightened. If you have other guitars, you may want to consider our COMPLETE Guitar Repair & Set-Up Clinic. We offer classes in many areas as well as private Skype or FaceTime sessions. We cover everything you need to get a proper set-up on all your guitars. Be sure to check us out. Good luck!

http://www.supremesoundstudio.com/complete-guitar-repair-set-up-clini

ReplyQuote