Clear all

Guitar Setup

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@shibby)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My parents bought me a fender strat for Christmas and I never took it to a shop and got it setup I just plugged it in and played away. How important is it that I never took it into a guitar shop? Is this something that I need to do, and if so what do I ask at the guitar shop and how much should I expect to pay.

Thanks
Shibby

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Well it depends, I got my squire strat 5 years ago and its never been into a dealer to be adjusted or anything. Yeah its was probably messed up when i learned because it was used but I didnt know. I ecentually learned how to do it myself. Other than that its all what you think, If its seems like nothing is playable or there is constant buzz do two things.

1. check to see if your fretting the right way.

or

2. it probably does need adjusting.

Other than that its what you think. personaly if its brand new and your the only one to own it then it should be relatively fine. if not then there could be a chance to need to take it in. other than that its your choice if ou want to spen the money or not. Good Luck!

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote