Notifications
Clear all

H Expander Truss Rod Help asap!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@seken)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, I got a Hagstrom Ultra Swede (a very nice guitar) and enjoy playing it. However, I've done some checks along my neck and there is very little space between strings, and ends up buzzing on the E and A strings if they are strummed harder.

I know that by loosening a truss rod in the slightest will allow some space between my strings and might correct the buzzing, the only problem is I cannot find the place to loosen it.
The guitar isn't a bolt-on neck either and I can't see anywhere to access the truss rod.

If anybody could help asap that'd be great, thanks.

(@alangreen)

Look along the neck - is the neck warped? If the answer to that is no then do not touch the truss rod under any circumstances. Unless you're a qualified engineer and understand stresses and stuff then truss rod adjustments are a shop job - they have the liability insurance and will offer guarantees so if they mess it up they'll fix it. If you stuff it up yourself then you have to buy a new neck.

You correct a buzz like the one you're describing by raising the action, which you do by raising the bridge saddles - see picture here Clickety click.

You'll notice there are two screw thingys under the bridge which you turn to raise or lower the bridge. That's your starting point.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@seken)
Topic starter  

Alright, alright. Thanks for the reply, I'll see what I can do and if I manage to correct the problem I'll say that too. I'm very grateful.

ReplyQuote