Clear all

Help fixing acoustic bridge

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, all. The bridge of my acoustic is coming loose from the top. Is this an easy repair, or should I take it to a professional? I have another acoustic, a cheapie, with a cracked bridge. If this is a repair a newbie can handle, I can practice on the cheap acoustic before moving on to my better one.
If this is a repair I may be able to handle, where can I find a great step-by-step guide on the process? And does the fact that my guitar is equipped with the Buzz Feiten tuning method complicate this at all?
Thanks for the help! Dan.

Dan

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Not a no-brainer; but if you are somewhat familiar with woodworking, you can do it. Buy this book (you will use it again and again for other set-ups and repairs as well):

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Player-Repair-Guide-3rd/dp/0879309210/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204828736&sr=1-1

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Gnease, thanks for the book recommendation. It will definately be added to my library very soon.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@gdhudspeth)

A newbie can certainly do it if you are careful, but the real question is whether the repair will hold over time.

I have a Takamine which the bridge came off of, and I tried repairing it using some instructions I found on the web (google guitar bridge repair). The bridge held for about two weeks before the string tension starting pulling it off again. So I sent it back to the factory via my dealer to take advantage of it's "Lifetime Warranty."

Of course, I'm still waiting for a new guitar...

ReplyQuote