Skip to content
help on my classica...

Notifications
Clear all

help on my classical guitar fingerboard...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

pliz,,someone telling me why is my guitar fingerboard turned to be like this?is it because i used to play bend and tap a lot on it? or is it because of the cheap manufacturing? what should i do to fix n restore it? thx u

(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

GOOD GOD Jeansen!

In thirty plus years of messing around with guitars, I've never seen so much crap on a fretboard! I'm Impressed! :shock:

Scrape off the gunk with a piece of plastic and go over it with some 0000 steel wool, treat it with some fret board cleaner and wipe it down after you are done playing it.

I don't see how the wood would do this unless it came from somewhere near Chernobyl! The picture of the fret board doesn't look like it's cheap wood but it's kinda hard to tell through that toxic waste!

Pull the strings off, wipe the fret board down with some naptha, (Lighter fluid) put some oil on it (and call the local authorities that deal with hazardous waste to come and get the rags after you are done! :lol: ) then put the strings back on.

By the way, what make and model of guitar is this?

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi,thx for replying..hahaha,u make me laugh....thx u... :D actually it is not a junk,i'm sure of it ...the black thing on the wood is like a paint..i don't know what it is...a bad finishing maybe? i practise tapping a lot on that guitar and as i tap..the "paint" seems to falling off too in the place where i tapping...btw, it was made in Indonesia..i bought it quiet cheap 7 years ago..thx u

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

the black stuff is fret board stain. it is used to make a less expensive wood look like ebony...or a rosewood board to look nicer .
it does come off . I ve seen this alot.
stewmac.com has it listed. maybe you could reapply some.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@kaizer-szoza)
Estimable Member

GOOD GOD Jeansen!

In thirty plus years of messing around with guitars, I've never seen so much crap on a fretboard! I'm Impressed! :shock:

Scrape off the gunk with a piece of plastic and go over it with some 0000 steel wool, treat it with some fret board cleaner and wipe it down after you are done playing it.

I don't see how the wood would do this unless it came from somewhere near Chernobyl! The picture of the fret board doesn't look like it's cheap wood but it's kinda hard to tell through that toxic waste!

Pull the strings off, wipe the fret board down with some naptha, (Lighter fluid) put some oil on it (and call the local authorities that deal with hazardous waste to come and get the rags after you are done! :lol: ) then put the strings back on.

LOL, thanks racetruck that gave me a good laugh :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote