Notifications
Clear all

Help with a schematic!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@handsprings)
Topic starter  

I recently was given a bass by a friend as he no longer wanted it, when I plugged it in I realised it had a grounding issue. When I opened it up I discovered a mess of wires and deciding this didn't look right I went searching for a schematic. My gut feeling was right and it is wired up in an utterly bizarre way and I plan to re wire it as the schematic suggests. Here is, however, where I have an issue, I haven't used a schematic before and have a few questions hopefully someone will be able to answer.

http://www.hofner-guitars.com/media/wysiwyg/Wiring_Diagrams/Vintage/185-1972.pdf

Here is the schematic in question, what I am wondering is do the numbers proceeded by a "n" refer to capacitors? If so, I'm quite confused as to how I connect it all to the volume pot.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

(@oldeschool)

Each pot has three legs, the middle leg is always the wiper, and it is the line with the arrow through the middle of the icon, now the other two don't matter but it does change the direction of up and down. For example turning the vol knob CW makes the vol higher, switch the wires and CW makes it lower.

I got a little AAS in electronics and I use it a lot.

ReplyQuote
(@handelfan)
Eminent Member

Are you familiar with schematics? I certainly am not, and would rather find a picture diagram for the wiring, and follow that. That way, a capacitor looks like a capacitor, and you can see where to physically connect it.

I am where my mind put me.

ReplyQuote