Notifications
Clear all

High E buzzing on 3rd fret

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@subdude)
Topic starter  

First off, hello I am so glad I found this site, it's helped me tremendously the past month. I started playing guitar last Sept when I bought an old Yamaha FG-335II 1983 off my neighbor the guitar sounds excellent up until about a month ago when I get a really bad buzz from the High E when on the 3rd fret. I'm in Massachusets and it's been very dry the past month in fact the dryest March in 100yrs. Is the dryness causing this or is this a fret issue? It's really annoying.

Thanks.

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, subdude.

I'd say you are correct with the dryness. I think we've all experienced that problem this season. It should go away after the humidity picks up. Might take a month for it to fall back to it's original position.

I had the same problem but since we've been getting a lot of precip and things are warming up, my guitars have healed themselves.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@subdude)
Topic starter  

Welcome to GN, subdude.

I'd say you are correct with the dryness. I think we've all experienced that problem this season. It should go away after the humidity picks up. Might take a month for it to fall back to it's original position.

I had the same problem but since we've been getting a lot of precip and things are warming up, my guitars have healed themselves.

Thanks Bish, i'll have to live with it for another 4-6 weeks I suppose. We'll see what happens.

ReplyQuote