Clear all

humbucker issue

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@rremando)
Topic starter  

Hi I have a humbucker question.

I have a fender squire bullet, 80s korean. The humbucker isn't like any others that I have seen. The wire colors are odd and there is 4 wires total: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 white, 1 unshielded. 1 volume pot, 1 tone pot

I've tried using different schematics I've found on the net that come close to the design, not much luck. I added an extra pot so now I have two tone controls and put on a 22k..not sure what they're called, a cap or diode? I soldered it to the bottom (furthest) tone pot. Also all the pots and 5 way switch are new. The two single coil pickups are new, the humbucker is original..but I'm not so worried about the single coils for the moment. I am concerned about the humbuker..it seems to only partially be working.

Is there anyone that has dealt with a humbucker like this, with the odd colors and amount of wires? Originally I was going to wire it up exactly the same but I couldn't find a pickup selector that looked the same. The old one looks to have a different design. all connector points are to one side of the switch, the new one is side to side...regardless I've been using schematics for soldering.

I'm pretty new to this and I need help!